No sound for incoming text message
Hawkins58

I have lost the sound notification when I receive a text message, it will vibrate and light the little green notification light but no matter what I have done I get no sounds when receiving text message, used to get the "druid" sound  have tried different sounds for notification. In settings a  I have a sound  lit green for notification.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No sound for incoming text message
Wildman
Legend

Try Messaging / Left Menu / Messaging Settings / Text Messaging / Select Ringtone.

Also check you volume slider for notification because you can turn it down and still have other sounds be uneffected.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Are you using the stock messaging app or a 3rd party app such as Handcent SMS?

Go into Settings -- Applications -- Manage Apps -- and select your texting app, and select Clear Cache.

That should help. Have you tried a battery pull as well? That couldn't hurt.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Try Messaging / Left Menu / Messaging Settings / Text Messaging / Select Ringtone.

Also check you volume slider for notification because you can turn it down and still have other sounds be uneffected.
0 Likes
Hawkins58

There was nothing in Cache, I am using stock Text messaging program version 2.3.3 I have never pulled the battery what will I lose by doing it?

0 Likes
Hawkins58

That was it, thanks so many places to go to make setting adjustments confuses this old man

0 Likes
B33
Legend

@ Hawk been there done that an i'll agree . :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Hawkins58 wrote:

There was nothing in Cache, I am using stock Text messaging program version 2.3.3 I have never pulled the battery what will I lose by doing it?

Glad you got it fixed, but for future references a battery pull is completely harmless :smileyhappy: You don't lose anything

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

good info

0 Likes
droidx2user

Thanks that worked for me..

0 Likes