1 2 Previous Next 13 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2011 7:31 PM by DaisyP_VZW RSS

my phones broke? can i upgrade

Scil

i have a samsung intensity and its having all sorts of problems. i was thinking, can i buy an Apple Iphone from the apple store and then replace my old phone sense its broken with it and buy the data plan and not have to pay anything for early activation? and if i do have to pay what is the price for early activation? ive only hade my phone for a couple months.

• 1. Re: my phones broke? can i upgrade
          Pyre

I'm confused. If you've only had your current phone for a couple of months, how is it you have an early upgrade?? Oh well. Assuming you do have early activation, I would pay it rather than buy an iPhone from Apple at full retail. Verizon sells iPhones starting at $650.00 full retail. Apple's price prolly ain't gonna be much better. Best pricing option is to upgrade with Verizon if you can. If not, try a TRUSTWORTHY third party. No need going broke just to get an iPhone

• 2. Re: my phones broke? can i upgrade
            vereyezuhn

Scil wrote:

i have a samsung intensity and its having all sorts of problems. i was thinking, can i buy an Apple Iphone from the apple store and then replace my old phone sense its broken with it and buy the data plan and not have to pay anything for early activation? and if i do have to pay what is the price for early activation? ive only hade my phone for a couple months.

No, this cannot be done. You'll have to wait until either 12 or 20 months of your contract are up. If you are the primary line on the account, with a certain calling plan, you might have 1 last annual ugprade to use at 12 months into your contract. If you do not have that, you will have to wait until you fulfill 20 months of your contract to upgrade at a discounted price. If you DO have an annual upgrade left to use, it will cost an additional $20 to upgrade in-store, and you will forfeit any last NE2 credit you may have as both of these programs have been discontinued as of Jan 2011.

Also, annual (early) upgrades are only available through Verizon Wireless. 3rd party retailers such as Best Buy, Apple, or Walmart do NOT honor early upgrades.

• 3. Re: my phones broke? can i upgrade
              Scil

my phone is the primary line. i did the ne2 thing about 3 months ago but my phones broke now. so if i return my 32gb ipod touch i can get a 32gb iphone. verizon wont let me just replace my broken phone with this new phone? i have to wait 12 to 20 months until i have an upgrade??

• 4. Re: my phones broke? can i upgrade
                mdram4x4

Scil wrote:

my phone is the primary line. i did the ne2 thing about 3 months ago but my phones broke now. so if i return my 32gb ipod touch i can get a 32gb iphone. verizon wont let me just replace my broken phone with this new phone? i have to wait 12 to 20 months until i have an upgrade??

if the phone broke within 3 months you can warranty it

you cant swap an ipod for an iphone

if you just want to go from your current phone to an iphone, you need to pay full price until month 12(maybe, or month 20

• 5. Re: my phones broke? can i upgrade
                  Scil

no what i meen for the swap thing is, ive had my ipod for less then i year, it still has warrenty on it also, i can just return that to the apple store and with the money i get for returning it i can get an iphone. wich then i was hoping i could use for a phone through my verizon is my phone is broken, wich it is. i dont u nderstand why i would have to wait so long. is there any way this can work? any way at all?

• 6. Re: my phones broke? can i upgrade
                    mdram4x4

Scil wrote:

no what i meen for the swap thing is, ive had my ipod for less then i year, it still has warrenty on it also, i can just return that to the apple store and with the money i get for returning it i can get an iphone. wich then i was hoping i could use for a phone through my verizon is my phone is broken, wich it is. i dont u nderstand why i would have to wait so long. is there any way this can work? any way at all?

well yhe iphone will be @ $650

will you get that much for the ipod?

you cant get an iphone at a cheaper price since you just got your current phone cheap when you did the ne2.

hy cant you do this? you have a contract.  did you read it?

it says you cant get a subsidized phone until you have completed 20 months of the 24month contract

its full price for an iphone or warranty your current phone

what phone do you currently have and whats wrong with it?

• 7. Re: my phones broke? can i upgrade
                      Scil

the iphone 32gb is $300 from the apple store and thats how much ill get for my ipod. and i have a samgun intensity II and the screen never dims and i cant change that becuase everytime i go to the menu it automatically takes me some where else that i cant get out of. and sometimes buttons randomly get pushed with out me touching them.

• 8. Re: my phones broke? can i upgrade
                        mdram4x4

Scil wrote:

the iphone 32gb is $300 from the apple store and thats how much ill get for my ipod. and i have a samgun intensity II and the screen never dims and i cant change that becuase everytime i go to the menu it automatically takes me some where else that i cant get out of. and sometimes buttons randomly get pushed with out me touching them.

better check again, unless thats an OLD iphone mave a 2 or 3.

its most likely the SUBSIDIZED PRICE that requires a 2 year contract.  you already did this and cant do it again until you honor your current contract

• 9. Re: my phones broke? can i upgrade
                          Scil

ugh... what a screwy system. what if i cancelled my current contract and started a new one? how much is that?

1 2 Previous Next