HTC Incredible - apps wont run/can't remove apps/can't install apps/factory reset failed
Stewie

I don't know what is wrong with my phone.  Apps refuse to delete.  I have starting getting force close when try to open some apps. I can delete them, but as soon as the phone is turned off, they come back. Plus I am still having major problems opening most of my apps I do want, I get a force close message. Or the app not downloading from the market or it downloads but wont open. So I decided I would factory reset my phone. I am really tired off this and ready to loose all my stuff just to get a working phone.  

However, that even failed. I tried the factory reset through settings. It went ok until reboot, then I just got a black screen with a red triangle and ! on it.  I ended up having to pull the battery.

Is there something else I can do?  Any ideas at all would be great.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Incredible - apps wont run/can't remove apps/can't install apps/factory reset failed
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Stewie,

Sorry to hear about the troubles you have been having. This has been known to happen when a corrupt app has been downloaded. In such a situation, I've had a better success ratio of equipment performance by completing the alternate factory reset, not through the menus. As always, I recommend verifying that all of your personal info is backed up prior to performing the factory reset. If you use backup assistant, you can confirm that your contacts are saved on My Verizon. A great feature embedded into your Gmail account is that it backs up your contacts and calendar as well. I would also check to ensure that this info is on the Gmail website when you log in. As far as pictures, music, & videos, they are saved on your memory card, unless you changed this setting. I have the steps for the reset posted below based on which device you have. 

Droid Incredible

1.  Power device off
2.  Press and hold VOL Down and Power button at same time until screen displays with 3 androids at the bottom
3.  Press VOL down to highlight Clear Storage, press PWR Button to select option

Droid Incredible 2

Power device off

Press and hold VOL Down and Power button at same time until screen displays Boot Loader screen

Press VOL down to highlight "Factory Reset", press Power Button to select option

One this reset has been performed, the device would need to be reactivated & re-setup with your personal info. I recommend using the device without any 3rd party apps for about 2 days to ensure that the equipment is performing as it should. If so, then add apps, one at a time on a daily basis, so you can pinpoint which app is causing the problem. 

Good luck!...

0 Likes