Front facing camera not working for video chat on Revolution
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

How come the front facing camera doesn't work on Tango? I wanted a new phone with FFC to use on Tango and for when Skype goes video on phones and it seems it don't work on Tango. Is it just Revolution or is it the same on all phones? I don't need a FFC phone to take pics of myself I have had no problem doing that on other phones, would love the feature to do what it is supposed too.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Front facing camera not working for video chat on Revolution
Not applicable

Hi bulldog69!

To answer your question, some of those video chat applications have additional 'plug-ins' that need to be downloaded from the Market as well. Just search for "tango" in the Market and see if anything pulls up. If this is not the case, try to uninstall and re-install the application from the Market.  I recommend trying another video chat app to see if that works as well. If you can take photos and video with the FFC, there's no issue with the device.

Hope that helps! Keep us posted.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi bulldog69!

To answer your question, some of those video chat applications have additional 'plug-ins' that need to be downloaded from the Market as well. Just search for "tango" in the Market and see if anything pulls up. If this is not the case, try to uninstall and re-install the application from the Market.  I recommend trying another video chat app to see if that works as well. If you can take photos and video with the FFC, there's no issue with the device.

Thank you!

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

AdamE_VZW wrote:

Hi bulldog69!

Thank you!

Well we have two Revolutions and i tried the uninstall and reinstall and no good. Couldn't find any plug ins.

What other video chat apps do you know of that might work? Tried Fring and tha was junk. Thanks for any of your help that you give me

0 Likes
redguy411
Yeah i have the LG Revolution also, Tango works well with my wife's HTC Incredible 2 with no problem. My front facing camera doesn't work. Also my video recorder isn't working.
0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

redguy411 wrote:
Yeah i have the LG Revolution also, Tango works well with my wife's HTC Incredible 2 with no problem. My front facing camera doesn't work. Also my video recorder isn't working.

Why is this issue being called solved as it is not and front facing camera only works for taking pictures of yourself?

redguy411 wrote:

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

redguy411 wrote:
Yeah I have the LG Revolution also, Tango works well with my wife's HTC Incredible 2 with no problem. My front facing camera doesn't work. Also my video recorder isn't working.

Tango as of yesterday (Monday) is updated to work on Revolution now, a guy from Tango said it was fixed so I downloaded Tango back on phone and now need to test it

0 Likes