Can I use a Droid Charge in Cancun?
jjdupras

My wife recently gave me a Droid Charge by Samsung phone and I love it.  In July, we head to Cancun, Mexico, for a week.  I'd like to continue to use my phone and its features, but I wouldn't want to do it at the expense of a huge phone bill.  I looked around the Verizon page and searched through some of the forums, and my search seemed to indicate there is some coverage in Cancun.

Can I use the phone and its features while there?  If so, can someone explain the process and if I need any type of special plan?  Thanks much!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Charge use in Cancun, Mexico
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

I'm very glad you asked! Indeed our coverage maps indicate service should be available in Cancun, Mexico. You can anticipate being able to use service for your voice, messaging and data needs. As to the billing impact, that will depend on what services you plan to use while there. We offer calling plans and data plans that will help control the cost. I recommend allowing me to review your account to see what plan you have now so that I can quote you pricing. Can I trouble you to send me a personal message with your mobile number included? Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

I'm very glad you asked! Indeed our coverage maps indicate service should be available in Cancun, Mexico. You can anticipate being able to use service for your voice, messaging and data needs. As to the billing impact, that will depend on what services you plan to use while there. We offer calling plans and data plans that will help control the cost. I recommend allowing me to review your account to see what plan you have now so that I can quote you pricing. Can I trouble you to send me a personal message with your mobile number included? Thanks!

0 Likes
jjdupras

Dion, will do.  What e-mail address shall I use?  Thanks. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@jjdupras
If you click the link embedded in DionM_VZW name, you will open their profile page. On the far right of that page will be a link saying something like "send this user a private message". Click on it to open a "compose a private message" page. Write your message in the dialog box. It will similar to posting a reply on the forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jjdupras

Finally got it, thanks. Learned that while on the profile page, I needed to again hit the "sign in" link for the "send private message" link to appear.  Thanks again. 

0 Likes