Problem using Verizon email address as BlackBerry ID
lcooksey

I created my BlackBerry ID to use my @vzw.blackberry.net email address. I've since discovered that's a bad idea. If you forget your BlackBerry ID password, you can do a reset on the BlackBerry website and they'll email you a link to click. But for security reasons, they won't forward that message to your BlackBerry.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to get to email messages at a vzw.blackberry.net address except via your BlackBerry. So if I ever need to reset my password, I won't be able to get the password reset link and I'll be permanently locked out of my BlackBerry ID account.

Is there any way to change the email address used for a BlackBerry ID?

I'm asking that here because a couple of threads on the BlackBerry support forums said that you have to go to your carrier for questions that aren't answered on the BB website, and I couldn't find an answer there.

I have bought several programs for both my Verizon BB phone and my PlayBook. I'd rather not have to create a new BlackBerry ID account (and re-purchase all those apps) in order to use a different email address.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem using Verizon email address as BlackBerry ID
Spiral
Master - Level 1

lcooksey wrote:

I created my BlackBerry ID to use my @vzw.blackberry.net email address. I've since discovered that's a bad idea. If you forget your BlackBerry ID password, you can do a reset on the BlackBerry website and they'll email you a link to click. But for security reasons, they won't forward that message to your BlackBerry.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to get to email messages at a vzw.blackberry.net address except via your BlackBerry. So if I ever need to reset my password, I won't be able to get the password reset link and I'll be permanently locked out of my BlackBerry ID account.

Is there any way to change the email address used for a BlackBerry ID?

I'm asking that here because a couple of threads on the BlackBerry support forums said that you have to go to your carrier for questions that aren't answered on the BB website, and I couldn't find an answer there.

I have bought several programs for both my Verizon BB phone and my PlayBook. I'd rather not have to create a new BlackBerry ID account (and re-purchase all those apps) in order to use a different email address.

Thanks.

You can edit your email address to your Blackberry ID in the account details section of Blackberry ID @ Blackberry.com (see link).  Of course to get to your account, you will need your password. 

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/

You are correct that there is no alternate method of accessing your vzw.blackberry.net email other than via your phone.  For this reason, I never use this email address for any important items such as an ID or anything I might want to have available if my Blackberry was lost.  Gmail makes a good alternative.

Good luck.

0 Likes