2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2011 5:02 PM by User89 RSS

Adding data to an existing plan under contract

User89

I have a talk/text plan that is under contract with a feature phone and no data plan until October but I acquired a droid from a friend. Can I activate the droid and add the unlimited data plan without renewing my contract? 

I found other questions on here that were similar but everyone else who asked was already out of contract. 

Thanks for your time.

• 1. Re: Adding data to an existing plan under contract
          Spiral

User89 wrote:

I have a talk/text plan that is under contract with a feature phone and no data plan until October but I acquired a droid from a friend. Can I activate the droid and add the unlimited data plan without renewing my contract? 

I found other questions on here that were similar but everyone else who asked was already out of contract. 

Thanks for your time.

Activating your recently acquired Droid and adding the unlimited data plan to your existing plan should be no problem.  You will not be required to renew your contract nor will your contract upgrade/end dates change.

Good luck with your new smart phone. 

• 2. Re: Adding data to an existing plan under contract
            User89

Thanks so much! I love it already, can't wait to use it away from Wi-Fi!