3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2011 3:27 PM by AdamE_VZW RSS

International Data usage in Mexico

robinsonjas

Is there a page on Vz site that details data/text/minute usage for trips to Mexico? I would like to see if I can buy a block of data and also how much texts/phone calls cost while there. Any info is appreciated, I go to Cozumel in a couple weeks.

• 1. Re: International Data usage in Mexico

We have information on usage while you travel in Mexico. We have a Nationwide Plus Mexico plan if you plan on being in Mexico an extended period of time. Then we have International Roaming Rates for voice/txt/data for short trips!

I hope this helps!

Thank you!

• 2. Re: International Data usage in Mexico
            robinsonjas

I currently have a Family Plan w/ 3 DroidX devices. Could I turn on the National Plus Mexico for the week we are down there and then go back to my original plan when I get back?

I want to take at least 1 phone with me and have data/voice capability.

• 3. Re: International Data usage in Mexico

robinsonjas wrote:

I currently have a Family Plan w/ 3 DroidX devices. Could I turn on the National Plus Mexico for the week we are down there and then go back to my original plan when I get back?

I want to take at least 1 phone with me and have data/voice capability.

Yes, you can change your plan for one week, just remember that making a calling plan change outside of the bill cycle start date will cause prorated charges and minutes/txt allowances.  See more about it here.  Of course, I cannot see what plan you have or would do using during that one week, so I can't quote prorated details. It's easiest to change your plan by signing in to My Verizon and go to "Change Plan". 

Hope that helps! Have a great trip!