CANT RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES!!!!
BEEPBOOPBOP

My phone won't receive text messages but can send them. It can also receive picture messages sometimes. Help???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: CANT RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES!!!!
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello BEEPBOOPBOB,

I know texting is an important form of communication.  What type of device do you have?  Before I suggest other things, have you removed your battery and powered back up and retested?

0 Likes
Ephillips72311
My fiancé and I are also having this issue. He has a droid X and I have the lg env 3. We can send texts but don't get texts until about 2 hours after they are sent to us. However.. We can speed up the process by sporadically making phone calls.. If we suspect someone has replied to our texts.. If we call each other or voicemail or wherever.. It pushes the texts through whatever is holding them back and we can then receive them. We have full bars and I did shut off my phone, take out the battery and then put it back in and turn it on. Hopefully you can help?
0 Likes
Ephillips72311
Also! This has just been happening the past 2 days.. B4 then we had no problems
0 Likes
arizonaangel96

I am having the SAME problem. Verizon has done this twice to me. They upgrade my phone WITHOUT telling me and it's starting to tick me off. :smileymad:

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Ephillips72311,

I understand your concern about messaging with your fiance. I can definitely assist you, but would need some additional information. I will be sending you a private message, so if this issue is still occurring, I would like to ask that you please reply to the private message with the information requested.  

Thank you!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good Morning, arizonaangel96!

If you continue to have issues with your texting, please contact us directly to resolve the issue. You can PM me with your name and mobile number or click 

0 Likes
Tatjana

I am having the same issue and it started right after I left the Verizon store at the Forum. Can anyone help me?

0 Likes
Skababy

Ugh, I am having the same problem. All day today I have not recieved any of the 'incoming' messages however I am able to send texts out, send and receive calls. Can anyone help me? I have the Samsung SCH-u370.

0 Likes
Sand_

I got a text message saying the following:  "Message size:  30 KB  Expires Apri 5, 10:47 pm" Then there are two options "Download" and "Reject".  If I click Download, the message says "Downloading" but then I get a message saying "Text message not received"  This happened 3 times!  The messages are from another verizon user and she told me that she was trying to send me pictures she had taken with her Verizon iPhone.  Can anyone tell me what is happening with this? I have a Droid Razr and I am well below my monthly quota for minutes, data, etc.

0 Likes