5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2012 8:02 AM by tommy123 RSS

text messaging transcripts

nyguttergirl

Does anyone know if it is possible to go into my local Verizon store and get an actual print out of text message my kids have been sending.  Not just times and numbers but the actual messages

• 1. Re: text messaging transcripts
          mdram4x4

vzw only keeps messeges for up to 10 days

in order to get a transcript you need a court order

• 2. Re: text messaging transcripts
            ChristinaB_VZW

Thank you Mdram4X4 for your posting. I would like to add some additional information. 

Text message content is retained an average of three to five days, but never more than ten days (240 hours) from the date/time the message is delivered. After that, the message content is overwritten by our message center server and cannot be retrieved. Due to system limitations, only terminating content may be available. Additionally, system outages, upgrades and other unforeseen events may result in Verizon Wireless not capturing content.

If you have a court order or subpoena for this information, please have an attorney or a member of law enforcement contact us at 1-800-922-0204 when they have the documentation with them. We will be able to initiate the process from there. 

I hope this information is helpful for you. 

• 3. Re: text messaging transcripts
              tommy123

My phone was stolen and it was on June 26. Is there a way to see any of the text that people have sent me?

Thank you

wanted to add that I will be getting a replacement on June 25th and this is on the xxx-xxx-xxxx number. thanks so much

Message was edited by: ann

>Post edited due to personal information being provided in a peer to peer (Customer to Customer) forum

Post will also be locked as the thread this question was asked is very old and the posters question was answered<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

• 4. Re: text messaging transcripts
                commonsense101

edit your number dont need it here, also no there is no way sorry. you can log into myvzw and see the number that text but not the content