Trusted Certificates???
Galaxy80
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was looking through the settings on my phone and noticed in the Location & Security settings, there is a setting called Manage Trusted Certificates. When I tap on it, a huge list of them comes up that I've never heard of like AC Raiz Certicamara S.A, America Online Root Certification Authority 1 and 2, Autoridad de Certificacion Firmaprofesional CIF A6263..., Baltimore Cybertrust Root, etc, etc, etc. Does anyone know what this is?! Are these supposed to be on my phone?! I did a factory wipe before installing Gingerbread, so this has to be either app installed, or part of Gingerbread...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trusted Certificates???
bharath23
Enthusiast - Level 3

These basically the root certificates CAs. These certificates are used to validate things like https browsing or digitial signatures. They are bundled as part of Gingerbread.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Galaxy80
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also found several new neat features. You can encrypt personal data on the phone and/or files on the SD card, you can set device administrators now, and it lets you turn on and off location services for Google, GPS, and Verizon..

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I believes that those are usually related to apps installed or sites that has been accessed that has trusted authentication tagged to them.  and this has been reported as normal for this to be stored... 

0 Likes
Galaxy80
Enthusiast - Level 3
Thanks! Wildman FTW!
0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
interesting info wildman.

the sites i go to with 340/gb have the certificate issue.

i don't worry too much as they're the same sites i go to on the pc/laptop.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

bearone21 wrote:
interesting info wildman.

the sites i go to with 340/gb have the certificate issue.

i don't worry too much as they're the same sites i go to on the pc/laptop.

Keep in mind thar Google Market didnt pass certification for a while because of  a out of data certification...  This really doesnt mean its not safe it just means the server hasnt been able to verify it recently and awaiting verification update..

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

gm didn't need to as far as i'm concearned, i'm going to the same sites i visit on my pc, so i trust them.

0 Likes
bharath23
Enthusiast - Level 3

These basically the root certificates CAs. These certificates are used to validate things like https browsing or digitial signatures. They are bundled as part of Gingerbread.

0 Likes