iPhone 4 Voicemail retrieval
ARF1

I have no problem retrieving voicemail when it first arrives.  However, how do I listen to a message again, presuming I have not deleted it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4 Voicemail retrieval
michelsen99
Contributor - Level 1

Select the number that left a voicemail and there will be a tiny play button to the left of it.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I've also noticed that even if you delete your messages they remain on the phone in the "deleted messages" section...I still have a message there that I deleted on 2/27/11.

0 Likes
michelsen99
Contributor - Level 1

You can delete those as well. When viewing deleted messages there is a "delete all" button.

0 Likes
dmarcus591

You can also click on the phone icon, and on the bottom you'll see favorites (speed dial), recents, contacts, keypad, and Voicemail.  You can click on the voicemail and listen to all of them, even the deleted ones.

:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
ip4vedd

Hi,

not exactly my same problem .. my problem is how do I change the order of messages when I retrieve my voicemail.

It currently plays back the oldest message first. I want it to play newest to oldest. No voicemal options to change the

order.

It was available on my old phone that was replaced by my iphone 4.

.. to reply to the original post .. I believe you press "1"  check this page

http://support.vzw.com/clc/features/calling_features/basic_voice_mail.html

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

ip4vedd wrote:

Hi,

not exactly my same problem .. my problem is how do I change the order of messages when I retrieve my voicemail.

It currently plays back the oldest message first. I want it to play newest to oldest. No voicemal options to change the

order.

I didn't even know this was possible! I hate how it plays your oldest first.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

ip4vedd wrote:

Hi,

order.

Are you referring to retrieving your voicemail from another phone versus listening to them on your iPhone? I admit I don't normallu use other means to check my vm on the iPhone since it is visual voicemail (or a watered down version compared to the one that other phone users can pay extra for with VZW), but as long as you listen from your iPhone you can listen to them in whatever order you choose, but they show on the screen as newest to oldest.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello vereyezuhn,

Can you please advise me how you are listening to your voicemails so I can further assist?  As Kaebfly mentioned when you call the voicemail ex *86 the voicemails will play oldest to newest, however, one of the great features of your device is the ability to listen to the voicemail directly from the phone which list newest to oldest allowing you to choose.  Listening to your voicemail directly from your voicemail button on your device will assist you with your request.  Please let me know if you have additional questions or if this helps. Thank you. 

0 Likes