8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 9:34 PM by somenothingness RSS

PUK Code

SSSnakebit

I set up a PUK code per the phones instructions and wrote it down. On phone startup, I entered the code and it asks me to reenter it. When I do it says it is in error. How do I reset the code or disable it?

• 1. Re: PUK Code
          RalphT

I have provided information below on PUK codes.  If you are locked out, you will need to contact Verizon Wireless customer service at 1-800-922-0204 for assistance.  If you have not already entered the code to many times you can follow the instructions to unlock the code by clicking on the link that I have provided below:.  

Enabling the Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) Personal Identification Number (PIN) locks the SIM card so that it cannot be used until the correct code is entered. If the incorrect PIN code is entered too many times, a PIN Unlock Key (PUK) must be obtained from Verizon Wireless.

Enable / Disable / Modify the SIM PIN - VZAccess Manager (Windows) - 4G

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=35988

• 2. Re: PUK Code
            BLUESTEYZZ

Nowbody picks up at that number.  Beautiful...new phone LOCKED OUT!

• 3. Re: PUK Code

BLUESTEYZZ wrote:

Nowbody picks up at that number.  Beautiful...new phone LOCKED OUT!

Good Morning!

The number above is our 24/7 national customer service number. You can also dial *611 from your cellular device. If you continue to have concerns, you can reach out to us via email, chat or you can PM me and I will assist you further!

Thank you!

• 4. Re: PUK Code
                raleigh1

Is there any way I can find the PUK code online at the MyVerizon home page?

• 5. Re: PUK Code
                  acarterguy

From the My Verizon home page click on the picture of your device.  On the next page you should see all the lines for your account.  Click on your phone if it's not already the one shown.  From there you should see a link right in the middle of the page that says"

Device Actions

Unlock SIM (PUK) Now

This will show the default PIN and PUK code.

• 6. Re: PUK Code
                    minniexmickey

But how come when I press it, nothing happens? And I tried to double click it and open it on a new tab, and it opens as "about:blank"?

• 7. Re: PUK Code
                      Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hi minniexmickey,

I trust that the PUK issue has been resolved by now! If you still need the PUK for your phone please ensure that you are logged as the account owner. I have seen issues when account is accessed with account members' credentials instead of account owners'. If you still need assistance after you login with account owner credentials please send me a direct message with your name as it appears on your bill and your wireless number and I'll be happy to assist you further.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
                      Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

• 8. Re: PUK Code
                        somenothingness

That did the trick.