There is no network available
mponder

I decided to try and do a factory restore on my phone to see if that would help wih it always locking up, and running really slow.  After doing this, my phone is running much faster and hasn't locked up, but I can't do anything on it.  When trying to access email, app store, web browser, or anything that requires a 'network' it doesn't work.  I get the message 'There is no network available.  Connect to a network inthe settings and try again" or "No connection" or "there was an error communicating with the server".  Can anyone help me?  I am thinking that it is just a simple setting, but I can't figure it out.  I have tried all of the settings availble under networks under he settings tab.  I have been working on this for more than a ay and it is driving me up the wall.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: There is no network available
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

First off, did you reactivate the phone after the factory reset? Dial *228, option 1 and follow the prompts?

Do you have a 3G symbol next to the signal bars? Or are you attempting to connect through a wifi network?
Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Network settings. Verify the mobile network is checked on.

For wifi, go to settings > wireless & networks > wifi settings > turn it on > press menu button > scan for networks > select the wifi network you want to connect to > enter the password if required and select the connect button

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: There is no network available
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

First off, did you reactivate the phone after the factory reset? Dial *228, option 1 and follow the prompts?

Do you have a 3G symbol next to the signal bars? Or are you attempting to connect through a wifi network?
Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Network settings. Verify the mobile network is checked on.

For wifi, go to settings > wireless & networks > wifi settings > turn it on > press menu button > scan for networks > select the wifi network you want to connect to > enter the password if required and select the connect button

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes