5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2011 3:44 PM by CharmingPhlsphr RSS

Early Upgrade Fee

vllynena

Hello,

I am new to Verizon/ recently became a customer earlier this year. I wanted to know if Verizon has an Early Upgrade Program (fee)/ besides waiting 18 months to be eligible for a regular upgrade. I know that they used to have the New Every 2 program, but not anymore. I know AT&T has an early upgrade prg that charges a certain fee per line and wanted to know if Verizon has anything like that. Please let me know. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Early Upgrade Fee
          budone

You need to complete 20 months of service before being able to get another device at a subsidized price.

• 2. Re: Early Upgrade Fee
            CharmingPhlsphr

budone wrote:

You need to complete 20 months of service before being able to get another device at a subsidized price.

Unless they became customers after January 16th, of course.

• 3. Re: Early Upgrade Fee
              mdram4x4

CharmingPhlsphr wrote:

budone wrote:

i think you mean prior to jan 16th 2011.  if they had signed a contract prior to jan 16th they would have 1 anual upgrade available.

after that its back to the 20 month

• 4. Re: Early Upgrade Fee
                vereyezuhn

vllynena wrote:

Hello,

I am new to Verizon/ recently became a customer earlier this year. I wanted to know if Verizon has an Early Upgrade Program (fee)/ besides waiting 18 months to be eligible for a regular upgrade. I know that they used to have the New Every 2 program, but not anymore. I know AT&T has an early upgrade prg that charges a certain fee per line and wanted to know if Verizon has anything like that. Please let me know. Thanks.

As the others said, if you last signed a contract prior to Jan 16th 2011, you will have one last annual upgrade to use. You can use this 12 months into your 2 year contract, and it will cost an additional $20.

Otherwise, you will have to wait until 20 months of your 2 year contract is up.

• 5. Re: Early Upgrade Fee
                  CharmingPhlsphr

mdram4x4 wrote:

CharmingPhlsphr wrote:

budone wrote:

i think you mean prior to jan 16th 2011.  if they had signed a contract prior to jan 16th they would have 1 anual upgrade available.

after that its back to the 20 month

Haha...yeah. I do this during my off time at work and always read Budone's posts incorrectly. My reading comprehension is usually incredible. With my last sentence, I blame Zoidberg.