No Service...
cks

For some reason I'm not getting any service... and I'm not near a tower so using the *228 option doesn't work because it connects me to Bluegrass Cellular... not to mention I can't even get to that because my phone won't dial out. I can't text either. Really inconvenient when you're a DD. 

Any help, asap?

0 Likes
Re: No Service...
Protege
Contributor - Level 1

You might have to call customer service to have them manually program your phone to double check all of the settings, otherwise getin your vehicle and drive the closest service area to perform a *228 from your phone.

BUT HOLD THE PHONE (PUN INTENDED)

Have you tried removing your battery yet?  That may fix it, just pop it out and back in after a few seconds and see if that kicks the service back on.

Try toggling airplane mode as well by going to settings > Wireless and networks > click on airplane mode, wait for the airplane symbol to appear in your notification panel on the top of the phone, once it is there, click it off and see if service comes back!

Good luck to you sir!

0 Likes
cks

Drove an hour to the nearest service area. Did the activation (*228) thing and came back. It started doing the same thing after about an hour. 

I've done the battery pull and airplane mode tricks. 

I saw another thread where another user had similar issues, if this helps. 

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/full-service-but-can-t-send-or-receive-calls-texts/m...

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you everyone for the information provided. Cks, if you are still experiencing issues with your service please try to power off the device and remove the battery. Place the battery back in your device and power back on. We would need your location information to check for possible outages. If the issue still persists, please contact us from an alternate line for additional support and a resolution to your issue. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
cks

No offense, but I feel like you didn't even read the previous posts. 

I've already done the battery pulling, called Verizon and reactivied with the *228 option 2.

I learned that this only happens when I'm in my house or on my street. Once I'm out of this area it works fine.

Edit: By the way, I live in Bowling Green, KY. The closest service store is over 30 minutes away.

0 Likes
MCJackson

Randomly my phone will display no service with a red circle with a line through it where the bars should be. I can be near a cell site but have to power cycle my phone. any comments? or suggestions?

0 Likes
HankCawthorne

I am experiencing the same issue- no service from the TN state line all the way to Louisville, KY

0 Likes