1. Connect your old phone to the computer via usb cable
2. Once you do you will get a message in the notification bar of your phone that says "Charge only".
3. Pull the bar down and click on that message. Choose "Disk drive"
4. You will now see 1 or 2 new hard drives in your "My computer". One of them would be your sd card, the other one is internal storage (the one that's 6.46 GB).
5. Browse those drives that belong to your phone and sd card. Especially pay attention to the DCIM folders.
6. If your photos are in the phone's hard drive you can just drag them onto your sd card. Make sure you drag them into the subfolder called 100Media in the DCIM folder.
7. Once you transfer you photos onto your sd card don't just disconnect the usb cable; pull the notification bar again and choose "charge only". That way the phone would properly disconnect the sd card from your computer and scan it.
8. Now, you have all your photos on your sd card. Go to your Settings, then SD & Phone Storage, then on the bottom you will see "Unmount SD card". Click it and wait for the phone to prepare your sd card to be removed. You will see a message in the notification bar that says "SD card is safe to remove"
Now you can remove the sd card and put it into your new phone.
Do note that you can specify where the new pictures are stored in if you go to the Camera settings of your phone.
Thank you for you izgilm for your post. It sounds as though some of the picture were saved to the phone and not the SD Card. You will need to connect the old device to your PC and move the pictures to your PC. Once this is completed you will be able to move the pictures from your PC to your new device.
Follow us on twitter @ VZW Support