1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2011 11:16 AM by mdram4x4 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Store or online?

Paradath

My new every two will be up next week and I'm getting a new phone as soon as it's up. Would ordering it online be cheaper than just going to the store? Or is it the same pricing?

• 1. Re: Store or online?
          mdram4x4

Paradath wrote:

My new every two will be up next week and I'm getting a new phone as soon as it's up. Would ordering it online be cheaper than just going to the store? Or is it the same pricing?

it depends on the phone and any specials

you will have to check when the time comes

but i recomend going to a store to play with the phones to see what you like

• 2. Re: Store or online?
            Paradath

mdram4x4 wrote:

Paradath wrote:

I think I'm gonna get the Thunderbolt.

With the New every two discount it'll be $200 online, would you think it'll be close to that in-store?

• 3. Re: Store or online?
              mdram4x4

Paradath wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

Paradath wrote:

I think I'm gonna get the Thunderbolt.

With the New every two discount it'll be $200 online, would you think it'll be close to that in-store?

it should be.  but sometimes there are instore specials, sometimes online specials

then you throw 3rd party selles into the mix (but you dont get your ne2 there iirc)

its really an unkown until the date you actually update

• 4. Re: Store or online?
                Paradath

I'll be going to an actual Verizon store, if it's more I'll just upgrade at home later. Thanks, I've never gone to a store to upgrade.

• 5. Re: Store or online?
                  SuzyQ
                  The primary difference between in store and online upgrading is the "rebates". Int he past, the online rebates (discounts) have been "instant", meaning they were taken directly off the cost of the phone. If you purchase the phone in store, the rebate is mail in, meaning you pay upfront and then get a rebate card in the mail 2 months later.

Recently, several of the online rebates have moved to mail in as well. Rebates are not offered on every phone, and for those the in store and online pricing is identical.

The main thing to be aware of in store, is ensuring that you are dealing with a Verizon corporate store, rather than a "authorized reseller" - you can go here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/verizon-wireless-stores.shtml to see Corporate as well as other retailers in your area.
                  • 6. Re: Store or online?
                    Paradath

SuzyQ wrote:
                    The primary difference between in store and online upgrading is the "rebates". Int he past, the online rebates (discounts) have been "instant", meaning they were taken directly off the cost of the phone. If you purchase the phone in store, the rebate is mail in, meaning you pay upfront and then get a rebate card in the mail 2 months later.

Recently, several of the online rebates have moved to mail in as well. Rebates are not offered on every phone, and for those the in store and online pricing is identical.

The main thing to be aware of in store, is ensuring that you are dealing with a Verizon corporate store, rather than a "authorized reseller" - you can go here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/verizon-wireless-stores.shtml to see Corporate as well as other retailers in your area.

I don't think there is any discount other than me renewing my 2 year contract and my final New Every Two, will those be honored in-store?

• 7. Re: Store or online?
                      SuzyQ
                      They will be honored at Verizon corporate stores - third party vendors (authorized resellers) don't always honor the NE2 additional discount; and their prices are sometimes less than corporate stores.
                      • 8. Re: Store or online?
                        Paradath

SuzyQ wrote:
                        They will be honored at Verizon corporate stores - third party vendors (authorized resellers) don't always honor the NE2 additional discount; and their prices are sometimes less than corporate stores.

Alrighty, thanks. As long as I can pay the ~$200 price I'd get online, looks like I'll be going to the store.

• 9. Re: Store or online?
                          Ann154
                          There might also be an activation fee when you upgrade at a store. The same fee is waived when you upgrade on-line on certain days of the week. I think those days with free activation are usually over the weekend.
                          1 2 Previous Next