7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2011 2:53 PM by RalphT RSS

my phone was stolen

cole1805

My phone was stolen tonight and I need to deactivate it and activate one of my old phones but my verizon isnt working and nobody is answering on the customer service line... what do I do

• 1. Re: my phone was stolen
          Ann154
          Do you have a My Verizon account? Sign in there and I think you can report the phone as lost or stolen through there. Also report it to the police.
          • 2. Re: my phone was stolen
            budone

As the OP says, My Verizon was DOA starting before 11pm ET last night. But it is up and running this AM

• 3. Re: my phone was stolen
              Ann154
              Oops! I missed that part. Darn those small letters
              • 4. Re: my phone was stolen
                budone

Oh believe me, I know about them small letters. Thank goodness for CTRL +   hahahaha

• 5. Re: my phone was stolen
                  Ann154
                  It was more the fact that it was written "my verizon" versus "My Verizon" and I skimmed over the word "my" while reading it.
                  • 6. Re: my phone was stolen
                    vereyezuhn

To the OP -- Make SURE you call Verizon and report it as stolen, otherwise someone can pick it up and use it for themself. Also, they'll have access to all your pictures, contacts, etc. on your phone.

• 7. Re: my phone was stolen
                      RalphT

Thank you to all of the community members who responded with your great suggestions.  Your support is greatly appreciated.  I have provided complete details below on how to report lost or stolen phones.   I have also provided a link below to the My Verizon web site where the information can also be found. 

http://support.vzw.com/clc/faqs/Equipment/faq_phones.html?grp=1&faq=1

What do I do if my wireless phone is lost or stolen?

If your device is lost or stolen, you may suspend your service to avoid unauthorized use. There are two methods to suspend your service:

• Sign in to My Verizon, and choose the "Suspend/Resume Service" link under Quick Links on the Overview page. You will then be guided through the steps to either Suspend or Resume your service.

OR

• Dial (800) 922-0204 from any phone and complete this task via our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system.

For replacement of your lost or stolen device:

• If you are enrolled in the Asurion Wireless Phone Protection Program or Total Equipment Coverage, file your insurance claim directly with Asurion
                        • Visit the Asurion Website or
                        • Call Asurion Customer Service at (888) 881-2622
                      • Visit our Device Replacement Information page for your replacement options.

If your bill shows charges to your phone after the loss but before you reported it, and you want a credit for those charges, we will investigate your account activity. You do not have to pay the charges you dispute while they are being investigated to determine whether the charges resulted from usage by someone not authorized to use the phone. Further, if we haven’t given you a courtesy suspension of recurring monthly fees within the prior year, we’ll give you one for 30 days, or until you replace or recover your wireless phone, whichever comes first. You may need to provide further information regarding the theft or loss if we ask for it.