3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2011 8:50 PM by AraceliT_VZW RSS

Samsung 4G Mifi and the 3DS

I am able to connect to play online with it, but it would disconnect me quite often.  I play a lot of Pokemon Black (hence, my name) and when I play an online match, it would often disconnect when my opponent or myself sends a new team member out.  Is there any way that I can solve this?

• 1. Re: Samsung 4G Mifi and the 3DS

After reading the other posts in the forum, I realize that my problem is exactly like those who often get disconnected.  I try having another match, then the signal strength goes to zero mid-match, then I get disconnected.  The Samsung unit is right in front of me, it is plugged to the wall, and I already tried the other solution (that is changing the encryption).  It doesn't work.

• 2. Re: Samsung 4G Mifi and the 3DS

I spoke to a Verizon representative about the random powering off who said that the unit was defective.  So I managed to get the unit exchanged.  However, I still got error messages while playing Pokemon Blackonline, they were in fact two seperate issues after all.  However, I did not encounter any problems playing Super Street Fighter 4 3D Edition.  After reading through the wireless router help info on Nintendo's site, I realized that in the case of Pokemon Black, a DS game, only can transmit 1-2 mbps. In other words, it can't handle average 4G speeds.  The 3DS, a much more advanced system (compared to the previous DS lines) can handle it, which is why I was able to play SSFIV 3D, a 3DS game, without a problem online.

Which brings me to the next question: is there a way that I can manually change the transmission rate of the Samsung 4g LTE unit?  I know how to get on the site which allows you to change the security, passwords, etc., but I don't see anything about transmission rates there. 

• 3. Re: Samsung 4G Mifi and the 3DS

You are not able to change the transmission rate of the Samsung 4G. Are you having any issues with any other websites? 

Thank you, 

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport