yo wildman mp3 lost
bearone21
Legend

from way back, you had me save the ringtone as an mp3 on the card and it remained until this last reboot.

no biggy, i emailed it to myself and resaved it to the card but confused as to why the mp3 disappeared.

0 Likes
Re: yo wildman mp3 lost
Wildman
Legend

You havent allowed windows to scan card when mounted to pc recently have you because I have seen that happen from time to time.   Other than that I deal I am not sure why you would have lost the mp3 file if it was saved on card.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
what do you mean, "windows to scan the card"?

i've loaded music on the card several times.

it's funny because way back, as you said, the original aac file would be lost when rebooted and i've had this mp3 loaded for a couple months without any problems when rebooting until this last time.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

bearone21 wrote:

i've loaded music on the card several times.

it's funny because way back, as you said, the original aac file would be lost when rebooted and i've had this mp3 loaded for a couple months without any problems when rebooting until this last time.

Maybe I am confused by what you mean loosing, is the file deleted or just resetting to another ringer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
was nowhere, not in music or ringtones.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

When plugging the device into a Windows PC it has a habit of reporting that the card has errors and wants you to do a disk check and this is a bad thing to do because usually this process deletes files from the card that it think has errors.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i haven't seen the error message and i've been plugged inseveral times xferring music.

thanks

0 Likes