There was a service outage reported in and near Sisterville, W V on April 9, 2011. This issue affected signal strength and call quality. Currently this issue has been reported as resolved and service restored. I recommend power cycling your device and also performing a PRL (network) update to your Droid X. I recommend performing this update at least once a month. I have listed the steps below to update your PRL (network).
To update the PRL:
- Power on the phone within the Verizon Wireless coverage area.
- Dial *228 then press SEND (this call is airtime free and may take up to 2 minutes).
- When prompted, press 2 for the option to update the PRL.
- Once completed, a confirmation message will appear to informing that the phone has been re-programmed with the new PRL.
- Press End to terminate the call.
- Power cycle the phone to complete the update.
i live in bumpass as well and 3G service tends to be on and off around here
if your not moving around alot maybe a magnetic antenna would be a good idea?
worth a try...
I have a problem paying for a service that I am not receiving.
yea i can understand that i feel the same way i use 3G via a modem for my pc and i'll have 4 bars all day then all a sudden i'll have none like you as well even with my antenna but even with crap signal my speeds have been very good at least my download speed.... has been 1.5mb/s - 1.7mb/s past few days .
i'm not falmiliar with 3G phones tho : /
Maybe we should only pay for the days that we have a signal. That would cut our phone bill in half.
Verizon should at least own up to the fact that we do not get a signal and change their coverage map.
For the past couple weeks i have been getting really bad reception everywhere i go. i used to have fairly good reception in my house and now for some reason the most i get is 1 bar and half the time its searching for service. I just need to know if its verizon or my phone