5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2011 11:37 PM by SuzyQ RSS

Renew account

mkptrzk
      Ok so I got this motorola droid from a friend who gave it to me after he upgraded...It's 2yrs old and now things are starting to freeze up and don't work...Even though I signed up last month with this phone to avoid activation fees....Can I renew my account to get a new phone without paying full price...
        • 1. Re: Renew account
          spottedcatfish

If you are not currently under contract, then you yes, you can purchase a new phone at a reduced price by agreeing to sign a new contract.  You should be able to do this by visiting a store, over the phone, or through your MyVerizon account.

• 2. Re: Renew account
            budone

Did the Droid replace another phone you had??? If so, how long did you have the old device?? As Spottedcatfish stated, if you are not under a contract that hasn't expired you are good to go.

• 3. Re: Renew account
              mkptrzk
              Well I'm under contract so I guess that's out....The only way to go is add a line ?
              • 4. Re: Renew account
                vereyezuhn

mkptrzk wrote:
                Well I'm under contract so I guess that's out....The only way to go is add a line ?

Or get another old phone to use until your upgrade date. If you're the primary line on the account, you should be able to do an annual upgrade at about 12 months into your contract

• 5. Re: Renew account
                  SuzyQ

mkptrzk wrote:
                  ... Even though I signed up last month with this phone to avoid activation fees...  Did you just open an account and use the Droid?  Or did you get a new phone from Verizon to open the account?  Simply opening an account does not put you under contract - getting a discounted phone DOES.  Bringing your own phone and just paying to have a line of service does NOT put you  under contract.  When you  go online to your account, does it say you are eligible to upgrade NOW or does it give you an upgrade date?  Can I renew my account to get a new phone without paying full price...