Itunes help, anyone please!
nikblondiew

When I originally set up my itunes account I used paypal as a preferred method of payment for purchases.  I recently got an Iphone 4.  When trying to purchase songs or apps (even free sometimes) it'll say: 

"Paypal is not supported on this device.  To manage or change your payment method there's a billing problem with a previous purchase.  Please update your payment method"

In the meantime since getting the Iphone I have cancelled my internet at home on my laptop.  When I try to go into itunes on my iphone to update my account information I can't seem to find the billing section.  Do I start a whole new itunes account?

How do I get internet access on my laptop again to get into my current itunes account to add a new credit card to the account to use for purchases?

Aghhh so frustrated, anyone have any information?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Itunes help, anyone please!
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

Thank everyone in the community for replying.  I have provided some additional information below on using your phone as a modem.  

Use your device or PDA as a modem and enjoy High-Speed Wireless Internet on your laptop nationwide, starting at just $15 a month!
  • Fast email and Internet access on the go for enhanced productivity!
  • Email, surf the web, access your company intranet or files on your laptop at broadband speeds securely nationwide.
  • Affordable. Three pricing options depending on the device and voice or data plan.  
  • No additional line of service or device to buy! Keep it simple by using one device for both phone and Internet.
  • Get more functionality out of your phone and enjoy the convenience and freedom of mobility. 
  • Your phone will still receive calls while connected to the Internet (the data session is dormant during the call so you can talk or surf at different times). 
  • Add/remove the Mobile Broadband Connect feature per your needs. No limiting contract or ETF.  

For more information the cost of our Mobile Broadband Connect plans click on the Link below:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

iirc you need itunes on the pc, adn therefore an internet connection, in order to manage the iphone, update it,back it up, ect ect

0 Likes
nikblondiew

Is there a way to use the internet off of the iphone and sync it to the laptop?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

nikblondiew wrote:

Is there a way to use the internet off of the iphone and sync it to the laptop?

its called tethering and costs extra, call vzw to add it

0 Likes
nikblondiew

Are there any requirements for tethering?

My laptop doesn't have a windows system on it yet.....

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Go to a wifi hotspot with your laptop if you need internet access to proceed. There are thousands of free wifi hotspots so unless you live somewhere extremely rural you should be able to find somewhere that you can go. If you have a friend with internet access that doesn't mind you going to their home to use it then use that option. If they have wifi you can connect that way (assuming your laptop is capable...which applies to the first part also) or if you have to connect it with wires you should be able to do so.

As far as how to get to the billing section for iTunes...go to settings, click on "store", click on "View Apple ID" (you will likely have to log in) then you should see Account page...the second boxed area should show payment info. Click on that one to update payment method. Pay Pal is not one of the options shown (at least not via iPhone) so you will need some other method. Visa, MC, AMEX I think are the ones showing. You can use your bank debit card if you like or purchase an iTunes gift card from a local store and using that...which is the method I have used for years and do not have a CC on file. I don't have any trouble with purchases. You may have to buy a prepaid CC at a local store and put a few dollars on it so you can use that as a card on file if it absolutely has to have one. Like I said, I haven't had a CC on my account in years and I have never had trouble making purchases via PC or my iPhone. Not sure if the amount of time I have had my account makes a difference in the requirements or not so I really can't say if what you're experiencing is odd.

A little something to consider...is your PayPal account in good standing? Perhaps there is an issue with the account. Just a little something to consider checking in to.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
It could be that the bank card connected to your PayPal account has expired. In that case, all you would need to do is sign into PayPal and update.
0 Likes
dougie011
Contributor - Level 2

You can change the payment method from your iphone.  Go to itunes,  Scroll all the way down and it should show apple id.  Select it and it will ask you to select between three options.  Choose view apple id,  Look for your payment info and it should let you change the information.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

dougie011 wrote:

You can change the payment method from your iphone.  Go to itunes,  Scroll all the way down and it should show apple id.  Select it and it will ask you to select between three options.  Choose view apple id,  Look for your payment info and it should let you change the information.

That's one of the suggestions I gave them, but made it clear that PayPal is not an option shown when doing this from the iPhone. That was the reason for suggesting using their bank debit card (if it is Visa/MC) or buying a prepay CC and putting a few dollars on it. I think their issue is with wanting to keep using PayPal...and as long as they don't have access to internet to use iTunes on the computer...that may still let them choose paypal then another method will need to be selected.

0 Likes
dougie011
Contributor - Level 2

Oh, misunderstood the question.  I thought they wanted to know how to change the payment method from the iphone.

0 Likes