Phone stuck on USB Download mode
spirited03

I have a Samsung Intensity and recently it has been stuck on the USB Download Mode and it wont go back to normal. I tried taking the battery out and charging it but it wont work. help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone stuck on USB Download mode
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

If the phone is still stuck on the USB Download mode, please take it into a direct Verizon Wireless store. 

If you are not stuck in USB Download mode and are able to access the menu options, check to make sure you have the latest software by going to Menu, Settings&Tools, Phone Info, Software Update and Check New. 

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Please try plugging the phone in to your charger for a few seconds while the phone is turned on. Then remove the charger. 

If this does not work and you are able to access your menu options, you may need to perform a hard reset. Click on the following link for steps on the hard reset:

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/faqs/faqs_view_us1.jsp?PAGE_GBN=faqs_search&SITE_ID=22&PG_ID...

Performing a hard reset will erase all the data and reset all the settings to the default factory settings.

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZW

0 Likes
jsberry13

My Samsung is also stuck in USB download mode and I have tried taking the battery out & tried plugging it into the charger.  I am unable to get anywhere except the screen that says USB download mode and on the bottom has bootblock Version.  What can I do to get my phone working again?  Thanks!!

0 Likes
pnkpixxies
To the verizon wireless employee. The phone is stuck in the usb download mode.... which means you can't get to a menu. Mine is now stuck there and i have no clue how to fix it. This is the 4th time i have had a verizon phone with an unexplainable problem. it's getting very frustrating!
0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

If the phone is still stuck on the USB Download mode, please take it into a direct Verizon Wireless store. 

If you are not stuck in USB Download mode and are able to access the menu options, check to make sure you have the latest software by going to Menu, Settings&Tools, Phone Info, Software Update and Check New. 

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Mrogers
Enthusiast - Level 1
Mine was stuck there for a while but now it won't turn on at all. Or if it does turn on it turns off before I can finish my unlock code. I think I may just need a new phone.
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Have any of you tried plugging it into a computer to take it out of USB download mode? Because that is how you get it into USB download mode.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Mrogers,

Have you been able to power the phone on since posting? Did you attempt to plug it into the USB port as vereyzuhn suggested above? Was this successful?

I would also suggest a soft reset of your device. Remove the battery and wait 60 seconds. Then, re-attach and see if it will power on for you. 

Please let us know if your device is operational. We want you to be able to use your service. 

0 Likes
LAARON

Mine phone is doing the exact same thing. How do you fix this?

0 Likes
lbaker59

My son and I both have the Samsung Intensity II.  My son had his phone for less than a week when he got the USB Download Mode screen.  Nothing we tried worked, including removing the battery.  We even took it into the Verizon store and they could not get it off that screen.  They had to give us a new phone.  He then had the new phone for less than a month when it happened again.  I have not had any problems with my phone so I was trying to figure out what was different between them.  My son was using a memory card in his phone and I do not, so I took this out, took out the battery for about 20 seconds, put the battery back in and the phone turned on successfully. 

I don't know if it has anything to do with the memory card or not, but it worked and we are just going to leave it out from now on.  If you have one and nothing else is working, you might try removing that first. 

0 Likes