1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2013 8:36 AM by melissa727 RSS

Blocking "Restricted" number

Papahuntz

My wife and daughter have recieved harassing calls from a "restricted" number.  How can this number be blocked?

• 1. Re: Blocking "Restricted" number
          TBhouston

write down a specific time it happens

call verizon, add block number since you don't know what it is

• 2. Re: Blocking "Restricted" number
            vanessas_vzw

Hi.  

We offer a feature called Usage Controls.  Usage Controls, is a [My Verizon] exclusive, which allows you to control who can call/message the users on the account as well as who they can call/message for only $4.99 per month for each wireless number enrolled.

Usage Controls enables you to:

•  Set thresholds and hard stops for voice/messaging usage.

•  Designate specific times during the day when your child is not permitted to use certain services on their wireless device.

•  Create Call Blocking lists that will block incoming and outgoing calls/messages to up to 20 specific numbers.

•  Block calls to 411 Search and calls from Private, Restricted, and Unavailable numbers.

•  Customize the settings for each line on your account.

•  Includes Content Filtering, allowing filters to restrict access to content such as V CAST Music on your child’s device.

This is the only feature that we offer, which will block Private, Restricted, and Unavailable numbers.

For more information and to sign up for Usage Controls please click on the following link:

Usage Controls 

Thank you,

VanessaC_vzwsupport

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

• 3. Re: Blocking "Restricted" number
              mamritage

Why is this now a pay service? It did not use to be. So now if my daughter's ex boy friend wants to call her /us I need to pay an additional $25! to block all of my families lines!  Just another way to get more money out of my pocket.  4 months in to my contract and Verizon is at it again.

• 4. Re: Blocking "Restricted" number
                AraceliT_VZW

Mamritage, the paid service is for blocking Restricted numbers. If you know the number that is calling you, you can block it for free with the Call and Message Blocking service. 

The Call and Message Blocking service allows you to block up to five 10-digit wireless numbers. Click here to learn more about this service. 

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

• 5. Re: Blocking "Restricted" number
                  snick

It's still a total ripoff to charge for blocking a restricted number - Verizon should be ashamed of themselves for this policy.

Anything for the almighty buck - you ripoffs!!!!

• 6. Re: Blocking "Restricted" number
                    TBhouston

snick wrote:

It's still a total ripoff to charge for blocking a restricted number - Verizon should be ashamed of themselves for this policy.

Anything for the almighty buck - you ripoffs!!!!

Time warner charges for hbo, I feel the same way!!!

• 7. Re: Blocking "Restricted" number
                      erinsfun

Usage controls lets you block up to 20 numbers, but how do you block restricted numbers with it?  I don't want to to block everyone who is not in my contacts list, just restricted numbers.  My home phone service lets me do this, so why doesn't Verizon wireless?  I'm sure that it is possible, they just want to charge me for every little thing.

• 8. Re: Blocking "Restricted" number
                        erinsfun

Usage controls lets you block up to 20 numbers, but how do you block restricted numbers with it?  I don't want to to block everyone who is not in my contacts list, just restricted numbers.  My home phone service lets me do this, so why doesn't Verizon wireless?  I'm sure that it is possible, they just want to charge me for every little thing.

• 9. Re: Blocking "Restricted" number
                          zraufs

This is totally unacceptable service charges. Just keeps on adding to charges for simple safety feature to protect their customers! Hope verizon will do something about it.

1 2 Previous Next