Cracked screen
jasonhuzheming

Does anyone know that your warranty can replace your cracked screen?plzz help because my friend accidentally push me which amde me drop the droid and ended up with a cracked screen.

0 Likes
Re: Cracked screen
budone
Legend

If you are talking about the manufacturer one year warranty...... Nope. Ya need to hit your friend up for some money.

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

If the screen is cracked, it will not be covered under the manufacturer warranty.  A cracked screen is physical damage; therefore, you will need to file an insurance claim or you may be able to buy a Certified Pre-Owned device.  

The Certified Pre-Owned Replacement Program offers you a replacement option if you are not enrolled in Total Equipment Coverage, Wireless Phone Protection, and/or Extended Warranty.

The end date of your Customer Agreement and Equipment Upgrade eligibility date will not be affected if you accept this offer. Please keep in mind, this replacement option is only available once every 12-months for qualifying situations, which include:

• Defects after the manufacturer's warranty expires

• When your device is lost, stolen or damaged

• When the device has a cracked/bleeding display

Each Certified Pre-Owned device includes a battery, wall charger, Users Guide and a one-year warranty from the date of purchase. These devices have been thoroughly inspected and reconditioned to like-new condition. The devices go through:

• A complete 100+ point checklist to ensure every area measures up to our standards of excellence

• Visual cosmetic inspection

• Advanced functional, manual and electronic inspections

• Latest software and hardware upgrades 

To order a device via the Certified Pre-Owned Replacement Program, please call Customer Service at 800-922-0204 or visit a Verizon Wireless store. To obtain a list of stores in your area, please click on the following link, which will direct you to the "Store Locator" page of our website:

www.verizonwireless.com/storelocator  

Thank you,

VanessaC_vzwsupport

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
izgilm

If you haven't already done so, call VZW and add Asurion. In about 4-5 days after that, call Asurion and make a claim. You'll have to pay a $90 replacement fee. Or if you are elgibile for an upgrade you can just wait for the Incredible 2 to come out (should be in the end of April) and get it for $200-$300 if you think the newer model is worth of throwing extra bucks for it.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

izgilm wrote:

If you haven't already done so, call VZW and add Asurion. In about 4-5 days after that, call Asurion and make a claim. You'll have to pay a $90 replacement fee. Or if you are elgibile for an upgrade you can just wait for the Incredible 2 to come out (should be in the end of April) and get it for $200-$300 if you think the newer model is worth of throwing extra bucks for it.

You cant add insurance after having the device 30 days. Besides what you are suggesting is Insurance fraud and a felony.

izgilm

Oh, I forgot about the 30-day policy.

And don't give me that bull about insurance fraud, lol. Like YOU would've paid $570 for a new Dinc if the same thing happened to you. Come on!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I would not pay $570 for new device.But I would not lie to get a discount.

If I screwed up, I live with what options I have available. Which would be activate my old phone

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

or go to ebay and get a used one. 

0 Likes
laurie

my daughters incredible's screen cracked verizon said if they replaced it we would be charged full price for it and to exchange through asurion since we had insurance.  But just to let you know they didn't have any refurbished incredibles and could not order a new one from HTC as they were discontinued 3/1/11.  So my daughter got a brand new droid x for $50.00 as this is the only phone that is compatible.  Why was it $50 because when we upgraded our regular phones for smartphones verizon never changed our insurance.

now i have an original droid and wonder what phone i will be getting as they dont manufacture that phone anymore.  And I read a post that the droid x the droid 2 and the incredible all stopped being manufactured as of 3/31/11.

I see HTC came out with incredible 2.  wonder what motorola is putting out.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

laurie wrote:

my daughters incredible's screen cracked verizon said if they replaced it we would be charged full price for it and to exchange through asurion since we had insurance.  But just to let you know they didn't have any refurbished incredibles and could not order a new one from HTC as they were discontinued 3/1/11.  So my daughter got a brand new droid x for $50.00 as this is the only phone that is compatible.  Why was it $50 because when we upgraded our regular phones for smartphones verizon never changed our insurance.

now i have an original droid and wonder what phone i will be getting as they dont manufacture that phone anymore.  And I read a post that the droid x the droid 2 and the incredible all stopped being manufactured as of 3/31/11.

I see HTC came out with incredible 2.  wonder what motorola is putting out.

It cost you $50 because you have to pay a deductible with insurance. And just because they stopped being manufactured doesn't mean Verizon still doesn't have refurbished ones to give out.

0 Likes