Water damage.
twhite32

What's Verizon/Apple's policy on water damage? I dropped my phone in a puddle. Probably was in the puddle for like 3 seconds. Everything works fine but the speakers. I cannot here anyone on a call and my music won't play out loud.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Water damage.
Tidbits
Legend

You voided your warranty.  I hope you have insurance... Best bet is to try an Apple Store and hope they are busy...  Sometimes you get lucky and they'll replace it without looking.

Keep in mind you have one shot at it though.  If the rep deems it out of warranty then you SOL and have to pay out a large sum of money as they keep track of it in their computers.  So going to another rep on another day they will see you already came in, and was marked as water damages.  Then you will fall under THIS

An iPhone that is ineligible for warranty service may be eligible for Out-of-Warranty (OOW) Service. For example, an iPhone that has failed due to damage or liquid damage is ineligible for warranty service but eligible for OOW service. However, certain damage is ineligible for OOW service, including catastrophic damage, such as the device separating into multiple pieces, and inoperability caused by unauthorized modifications. Please see Apple's Repair Terms And Conditions for further details. Refer to this article to check if the Liquid Contact indicator on your product has been triggered.

1. Out-of-Warranty Service

If you own an iPhone that is ineligible for warranty service but is eligible for Out-of-Warranty (OOW) Service, Apple will service your iPhone for the Out-of-Warranty Service fee listed below.

iPhone 4Out-of-Warranty Service
    16GB & 32GB$199
    iPhone 3GSOut-of-Warranty Service
    8GB, 16GB & 32GB$199
    iPhone 3GOut-of-Warranty Service
    8GB & 16GB$199
    Original iPhoneOut-of-Warranty Service
    4GB, 8GB & 16GB$199
0 Likes