2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2011 10:34 PM by JohnB_VZW RSS

Need to change phones but keep the same number

RedWings

I have a Alias 2 and it is not working but i have a old phone and i was wondering if i could activate that phone with my same phone number if you can do this i need to know how.

• 1. Re: Need to change phones but keep the same number
          TBhouston

As long as that phone is CDMA, not on the lost/stolen list than yah. It won't cost you anything or extend your contract. Just just vzw a call and they can swap it over.. Contacts/txt/pictures are all stored on the phone so you need to back them up someway first

• 2. Re: Need to change phones but keep the same number
            JohnB_VZW

You can also activate the phone online via your My Verizon account at your convenience.

1. Sign in to My Verizon.

2. Locate the I Want To... section.

3. In the DEVICE column, click Activate a Device.

4. Select MDN (if applicable).

5. Click Next.

• If Backup Assistant is installed already, click the Back Up Phone Now button.

• If eligible for Backup Assistant, click the Install Backup Assistant button and follow steps to install from device.

• If NOT eligible for Backup Assistant, click the appropriate Operating System link and follow steps.

6. Click Next.

7. Enter Zip Code (location) and click Submit (if applicable).

8. Enter the new Device ID (ESN, MEID, or IMEI).

9. Click Continue.

10. Select the check box for the desired feature(s).

11. Click Continue.

12. Review and confirm the selected updates.

13. Click Submit.

You can also activate the phone by turning off the Alias 2 and dialing *228 and send on the phone you want to activate. When you hear the recording press option 1 to program and wait until you hear the message that the phone has been programmed successfully.

Thanks 

<script type="text/javascript">// if( typeof( TextPopupInit ) != 'function' ) TextPopupInit = new Function(); TextPopupInit('a3','POPUP304372992'); TextPopupInit('a4','POPUP304776385'); TextPopupInit('a1','POPUP309223953'); // </script> <script type="text/javascript">// if (window.writeIntopicBar) writeIntopicBar(0); highlightSearch(); // // --&gt; // </script>