4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2012 2:26 PM by rcschnoor RSS

Assumption of Liability

skayfox

Has anybody else had to request an Assumption of Liability form?  My ex-boyfriend and I shared an account and we split up on February 12.  I requested the first form on February 15 and again on February 23.  As of today he said the form still has not arrived.  I don't think he would lie about it.  I called VW again today and asked that it be mailed to my address.  Asked for it by e-mail but the customer service rep. said it can't be e-mailed.

Please share any experiences.

Thanks,

Sharon

• 1. Re: Assumption of Liability
          spottedcatfish

I've never heard of needing to fill out a form for an Assumption of Liability.  When I completed mine, I just called in with the account owner present and we completed all the neccesary steps over the phone with CS.  Another option is to visit a store with both parties.  The account owner should also be able to call in and give permission for you to take over the line, that permission is good for 30 days.

Have the owner call in and begin the process, if you can be there with them, that will be the fastest way, but you can just have them leave their permission and then you can complete the process on your own.

• 2. Re: Assumption of Liability
            AntonioC_VZW

skayfox wrote:

Has anybody else had to request an Assumption of Liability form?  My ex-boyfriend and I shared an account and we split up on February 12.  I requested the first form on February 15 and again on February 23.  As of today he said the form still has not arrived.  I don't think he would lie about it.  I called VW again today and asked that it be mailed to my address.  Asked for it by e-mail but the customer service rep. said it can't be e-mailed.

Please share any experiences.

Thanks,

Sharon

Thanks for the great input spottedcatfish!

In fact, an Assumption of Liability (AOL) can be completed by phone and it takes just a few minutes. Simply have the account owner call 1-800-922-0204 and have our customer service representative notate authorization for AOL including the name of the person assuming liability for the number or numbers to be transferred. Then have the person assuming the number or numbers call the same number and our AOL team will complete the transaction.

• 3. Re: Assumption of Liability
              jdobson

Does it matter if the person that is assuming the liability is just 18 years old?

• 4. Re: Assumption of Liability
                rcschnoor

Only in the fact they will most likely have to provide a security deposit to open an account.