Blocking calls
Squin
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will Verizon offer the blocking calls service for the iphone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blocking calls
Squin
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, while waiting for Apple and Verizon to work together for their customers, I will check out the third party apps.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

talk to apple, from what i have heard you cant on att either, its a software thing

0 Likes
Squin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted on Apple's site, they said it was the provider that would need to offer the service.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

but apple has to approve any software on the phone, so its both of them

0 Likes
Squin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why would Verizon need to put software on the iphone to block?  Seems like Verizon would just need to block calls through their own network before the calls get to the iphone, correct?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

Squin wrote:

Why would Verizon need to put software on the iphone to block?  Seems like Verizon would just need to block calls through their own network before the calls get to the iphone, correct?

they have not said if its phone side or thier side, imho its phone side.  imagine if thier servers ahd to check every call going through to block.  they can barely run this website without issues

you can get third party apps do block calls too

http://www.youmail.com/home/apps/iphone.do

0 Likes
Squin
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, while waiting for Apple and Verizon to work together for their customers, I will check out the third party apps.

Thanks,

0 Likes
czervik

I had an app on my Blackberry Storm (which I grew to despise). That app simply intercepted the call and caused the phone not to ring or vibrate. I had the option of dropping the call immediately or sending it directly to voicemail.

You don't need to do anything at the provider end. This HAS to be an Apple issue.

The Blackberry also let me customize my ringtone and SMS tone by contact along with a separate volume control by contact. This included a silent option for each plus a vibrate off option.

Apple does none of this. I don't understand it. I've been a Mac guy for years and the iPhone is far less flexible than my cruddy Blackberry.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

czervik wrote:

I had an app on my Blackberry Storm (which I grew to despise). That app simply intercepted the call and caused the phone not to ring or vibrate. I had the option of dropping the call immediately or sending it directly to voicemail.

You don't need to do anything at the provider end. This HAS to be an Apple issue.

The Blackberry also let me customize my ringtone and SMS tone by contact along with a separate volume control by contact. This included a silent option for each plus a vibrate off option.

Apple does none of this. I don't understand it. I've been a Mac guy for years and the iPhone is far less flexible than my cruddy Blackberry.

You've been a "Mac guy" for years and didn't know that Apple is strict about customization? Really? I find that hard to believe. Welcome to Apple, I guess.

0 Likes
droidgirl22

I get many telemarketing calls, need to also know if  number blocking apps are available for the Droid phone

0 Likes