LG Ally Lock Key and Home Key not working
carolkk94

Help.  My LG Ally lock key won't work and my home key will not work.  It just stopped working.  How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally Lock Key and Home Key not working
LatachaM_VZW
Verizon Employee

You can power the device off and remove the battery for 1 minute. Replace the battery and power the device back on. 

Thank you, LatachaM_VZW

0 Likes
mcdermjx

I've tried this and it is still not working.  Any other options?

0 Likes
Not applicable

@ mcdermjx Thanks for posting.  In order to resolve your issue can you please PM me your mobile telephone number so I can research your account and get you an answer? Thanks.

0 Likes
cachingpixie

I'm trying to get help with this same problem.  Taking the battery out did nothing.  Please, this is very annoying.

0 Likes
christabel

I am having the same problem with LG vortex:  Home and search buttons not working and slider lock dissapeared.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello cachingpixie!

I'm sure this is very annoying!  I am happy to assist.

Have you downloaded any Antivirus Free Applications to your device?  If so, remove the application by going to Market > press Menu > Downloads > select Antivirus Free > select Uninstall.  Here is an alternate way to uninstall an application: Uninstall Applications - LG Ally VS740.  Once the uninstall is completed, then power cycle the device by powering the device off for approximately one minute, and power back on.  This particular application has been known to cause these type of symptoms.

Let me know if this works for you.

0 Likes
DodgerzFan1220

I am having the same problem with my LG Ally.  The phone will not lock, the home button won't work (the touch screen home icon will), and on top of that the phone button to call the last number (or bring up the call log) will not work.  I have taken the battery out several times and have not downloaded any antivirus stuff.  In fact I have not downloaded anything to it lately.

Also is there any quick way to delete trash items from my e-mail inbox without having to delete one by one?  I have 4400 trash items and that will take forever!!!

But I need to know my first questions first.

0 Likes
graduate89

Hello, My phone shut itself down today and now the home button (both on the  phone and the keyboard), the call button, and the screen lock are not working.  I refuse to get a new phone and would like to know how to fix this problem.  I do not know why it is doing this but it is extremely annoying.  Please help

0 Likes
aspenrules

My phone recently started having all the same problems as others on this thread but I have not seen an answer.  Removing the battery didn't work and I do not have a antivirus applications.  Are there any other suggestions to fix this?  Thank you.

0 Likes