2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2011 10:46 PM by mildlyannoyed RSS

Service shut off

dfens4n7

I am so tired of getting shut off by verizon - like every month it seems.  You can never speak to a live person. I never get notified that it is going to be shut off - I used to get a text or a call but now do not. I had been making payments (over $375 since 1/28) and only owed $56.01 past due and they shut off my phone yesterday.  My Mom is in a nursing home and needs to get in touch with me and only calls on the cell since I had bought her a prepaid verizon cell so I need to have the phone - my daughter is also away at college and has the other phone on the line and I need to be able to reach her in the event of an emergency. So I am stuck or I would just say shove it! I pay every month but never seem to catch up and I'm paying at LEAST $200 a month.  Since they bill you in advance when it gets shut off it seems like I am getting double billed. I'm wondering if I can take my number with me when I try another carrier if I do decide to bail on verizon right now. When I was shut off a few months ago I told the rep not to turn on a phone  that I had set up to be shut off (they made me keep the phone on for two months before I could have it disconnected to begin with). They shut off the phone for non-payment  the day before they were going to disconnect it anyways and charged me for a reconnect charge! I have no contract and have not for over two years now so I'm not obligated to stay. Oh and when I asked about trying to lower my minutes/bill I was told I could not do it with the phone I had. I bought it at a verizon store and it had no camera on the phone so they would not cover the rebate on the phone either so I think the store where I bought it screwed me as well on that one as well after they told me it was eligible for a rebate (new every two).  I am totally discouraged by Verizon!  Any suggestions??

• 1. Re: Service shut off
          CharmingPhlsphr

dfens4n7 wrote:

I am so tired of getting shut off by verizon - like every month it seems.  You can never speak to a live person. I never get notified that it is going to be shut off - I used to get a text or a call but now do not. I had been making payments (over $375 since 1/28) and only owed $56.01 past due and they shut off my phone yesterday.  My Mom is in a nursing home and needs to get in touch with me and only calls on the cell since I had bought her a prepaid verizon cell so I need to have the phone - my daughter is also away at college and has the other phone on the line and I need to be able to reach her in the event of an emergency. So I am stuck or I would just say shove it! I pay every month but never seem to catch up and I'm paying at LEAST $200 a month.  Since they bill you in advance when it gets shut off it seems like I am getting double billed. I'm wondering if I can take my number with me when I try another carrier if I do decide to bail on verizon right now. When I was shut off a few months ago I told the rep not to turn on a phone  that I had set up to be shut off (they made me keep the phone on for two months before I could have it disconnected to begin with). They shut off the phone for non-payment  the day before they were going to disconnect it anyways and charged me for a reconnect charge! I have no contract and have not for over two years now so I'm not obligated to stay. Oh and when I asked about trying to lower my minutes/bill I was told I could not do it with the phone I had. I bought it at a verizon store and it had no camera on the phone so they would not cover the rebate on the phone either so I think the store where I bought it screwed me as well on that one as well after they told me it was eligible for a rebate (new every two).  I am totally discouraged by Verizon!  Any suggestions??

You can move your line, but getting turned off for non-payment is a broad practice among all service providers, from utilities to luxuries. The reality is that you cannot rely on another company to warn you before they turn your service off and must assume responsibility for making every payment on time. As for speaking with a live individual, it is not too difficult to get VZW on the line. Matter of fact, contacting an agent is as easy as dialing *611 for customer care or 1-800-754-0961 for financial services. It may certainly take several minutes to do so, but a quick call to financial services would negate the potential for disconnect by establishing a promise to pay.

• 2. Re: Service shut off
            mildlyannoyed
            Any past due balance over 5.00 will cause your account to incur late charges, and will eventually result in suspension for nonpayment. Financial services number is actually 800.528.7594, and they can probably help you make an arrangement to prevent suspension and get caught up.