1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2011 2:38 PM by rcschnoor RSS

How to find contract expiration date?

Exit32

I've looked everywhere at MyVerizon and have not been able to find my contract expiration date.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

• 1. Re: How to find contract expiration date?
          rcschnoor

Exit32 wrote:

I've looked everywhere at MyVerizon and have not been able to find my contract expiration date.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

You are eligible to upgrade at month 20 of your 2yr contract, so you can add 4 months to your upgrade eligible date.

Otherwise, you can call *611 from your cell and ask.

• 2. Re: How to find contract expiration date?
            Exit32

I appreciate the quick response, rcschnoor. Now I know how to calculate my contract expiration date using my upgrade eligibility date.

But wouldn't it be easier and more straightforward for both Verizon Wireless and me if my contract expiration date could be found at MyVerizon? Seems like an important piece of information is being hidden from customers.

• 3. Re: How to find contract expiration date?
              rcschnoor

Exit32 wrote:

But wouldn't it be easier and more straightforward for both Verizon Wireless and me if my contract expiration date could be found at MyVerizon? Seems like an important piece of information is being hidden from customers.

I think that you mean easier for YOU. Verizon can remember when the contract end date is. It is YOU that can't.

I just guess that maybe Verizon thinks that at least some of the responsibility should fall on the person that signed the contract. It is, afterall, exactly 2 years after you get your phone for which you signed the contract. If it is that important for you, why don't you write it down, save the paperwork, put it in your calendar, etc...

• 4. Re: How to find contract expiration date?
                Exit32

You are correct, rcschnoor. I have been negligent in not remembering the date I signed my Verizon Wireless contract.

Thanks to your suggestion, I have written my contract expiration date on a piece of paper and will carry it in my wallet. Now I have no need to look for this info at MyVerizon.

• 5. Re: How to find contract expiration date?
                  SuzyQ

Exit32 wrote:

Log in, and on the home page is a picture of your current phone.  Click the phone, and you will get information, and just under the NE2 meter it states (on mine - yours would, of course have YOUR details!)

"You Are Eligible For An Upgrade on: 9/12/12 Your contract end date is 01/12/13"

I can also see the contract dates for ALL the lines on my plan when I am logged in as the account owner.  If you are a secodnary line, and not the account owner, you may not have this information available.

• 6. Re: How to find contract expiration date?
                    mdram4x4

if you log into myverizon

go to account>wireless>account profile

scroll down to account documents>view account documents

you can view some of them there.  i can see one in mine called confirmation letter.  it shows when i upgraded and my contract end date

• 7. Re: How to find contract expiration date?
                      rcschnoor

mdram4x4 wrote:

you can view some of them there.  i can see one in mine called confirmation letter.  it shows when i upgraded and my contract end date

Unfortunately, these documents are only available for 12 months after the document becomes available. Therefore, you can only find your contract end date if you had signed your contract within the last 12 months.

• 8. Re: How to find contract expiration date?
                        mdram4x4

rcschnoor wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

Unfortunately, these documents are only available for 12 months after the document becomes available. Therefore, you can only find your contract end date if you had signed your contract within the last 12 months.

really? thats strange.

so if theres no contract available, that means it doesnt exist, and no one is bound by it, sweet!

j/k

• 9. Re: How to find contract expiration date?
                          rcschnoor

mdram4x4 wrote:

rcschnoor wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

really? thats strange.

so if theres no contract available, that means it doesnt exist, and no one is bound by it, sweet!

j/k

I just realized this when I went in to look. I have 2 lines with contracts signed within the last year which have the contracts viewable. I also have 2 lines which are more than 1 yr since I signed the contract. When I try to view these contracts, I get a message that states that Verizon only makes them available to me online for 12 months. If I want to get a copy of them after 12 months, they give me a phone # to call and they will mail me a copy.

1 2 Previous Next