iPhone Is Not 4G
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

I was lied to by Verizon. The store salesperson assured me that the iPhone 4 was 4g capable and I would be able to talk and use the internet at the same time. NOT TRUE. It is only 4g capable in a few select areas and mine is not one of them. It's a total waste of money to buy a 4g phone like the iPhone 4g in an area that is not supported by 4g. Verizon needs to educate their employees.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone Is Not 4G
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

richie72846 wrote:

I was lied to by Verizon. The store salesperson assured me that the iPhone 4 was 4g capable and I would be able to talk and use the internet at the same time. NOT TRUE. It is only 4g capable in a few select areas and mine is not one of them. It's a total waste of money to buy a 4g phone like the iPhone 4g in an area that is not supported by 4g. Verizon needs to educate their employees.

The 4 after the iPhone does NOT mean 4g. The 4 is simply the version. The rep you worked with obviously did not know a thing about Verizon or the iPhone. It is known that you cannot simultaniously use data and talk, unless you are on wifi. That is only available on AT&T. Also, Verizon does not have 4g yet. The HTC Thunderbolt will be its first 4g compatible phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Navatia
Enthusiast - Level 3
your iphone 4g isnt going to work ANYWHERE that there is 4g service as its not a 4g phone... the iphone works on a 3g network... "iPhone 4G" refers to the phone being the 4th generation not that it operates on a 4G network.
0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

richie72846 wrote:

The 4 after the iPhone does NOT mean 4g. The 4 is simply the version. The rep you worked with obviously did not know a thing about Verizon or the iPhone. It is known that you cannot simultaniously use data and talk, unless you are on wifi. That is only available on AT&T. Also, Verizon does not have 4g yet. The HTC Thunderbolt will be its first 4g compatible phone.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Sounds like someone should've done their research. 

0 Likes
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

You said   >> Verizon does not have 4g yet. The HTC Thunderbolt will be its first 4g compatible phone.<<     Then why on their website do they have a US map displaying the 4g capable areas ?

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

richie72846 wrote:

You said   >> Verizon does not have 4g yet. The HTC Thunderbolt will be its first 4g compatible phone.<<     Then why on their website do they have a US map displaying the 4g capable areas ?

Because they have the 4g set up, but there are currently no devices compatible with 4g, until the HTC Thunderbolt this month. As the other poster said, you really need to do a lot of research on these matters. Use the search bar. There are many posts that could have solved your problems and possibly answer future questions to prevent future problems.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, LTE data sticks are the only "4G capable" devices on verizon right now.  LTE handsets will start with the launch of the Thunderbolt hopefully coming soon.

0 Likes
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

Oh, I've done lots of research and I've discovered no one here or at Verizon has any idea of what the system or phones are capable of. I e-mailed Verizon tech. help and asked them what is the fix for the antenna problem and was told that the iPhone 4 would be fixed once the system was switched over to the 4 g network. Salesperson told me the "G" in iPhone 4g meant it was 4 gigs. WOW.  Oh yes, I've done research and those are the kind of answers I get. I thought by joining a forum I would have better luck, but then once  again I run into more jerks and a bunch of incompetent malcontents.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

richie72846 wrote:

Oh, I've done lots of research and I've discovered no one here or at Verizon has any idea of what the system or phones are capable of. I e-mailed Verizon tech. help and asked them what is the fix for the antenna problem and was told that the iPhone 4 would be fixed once the system was switched over to the 4 g network. Salesperson told me the "G" in iPhone 4g meant it was 4 gigs. WOW.  Oh yes, I've done research and those are the kind of answers I get. I thought by joining a forum I would have better luck, but then once  again I run into more jerks and a bunch of incompetent malcontents.

On the contrary, you'll get more correct information on these forums than you will from a Verizon rep or tech support. The Verizon sales reps are paid to sell you phones. They're going to lie left and right if they think it will get you to purchase a phone. I had an online rep tell me that he personally had an iPhone and had certain numbers blocked (because that was an issue for me) and I came to find out that, not only can the iPhone NOT block numbers, employees are not allowed to purchase the iPhone yet, so that rep couldn't have even owned one, let alone had numbers blocked on it. All they want is their pay check.

The posters on here do in fact want to help you and inform you, but when we see the same posts over and over, with everyone clearly not using the search button or doing research, it gets a bit irritating and I do apologize for being rude at all. I am simply trying to convey that 1. the antenna issue has in fact been resolved by getting a replacement from Verizon for most customers, and 2. the Verizon iPhone 4 is not 4g compatible (the name does not even include a 'G' as some people think. It is not like the iPhone 3gs) and 3. Verizon has set up its 4g network in preparation for it's first 4g compatible phone to be released this month. They have the 4g map up because they can't release a 4g phone without setting up their 4g network first.

0 Likes
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

Vereyuzin,

I meant no disrespect to you personally. You sound very educated about the Verizon phones and network, I assume you are a Verizon moderator here on the forum or at least an employee. Thanks for the information about the iPhone and the network.   My son has the iPhone and he loves it, but he's on the AT&T network which I understand is 4G.

0 Likes