2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2011 9:34 PM by SuzyQ RSS

I want to change plans

OrionsFire

I have a Nationwide Family Plan plan right now that does NOT have unlimited messages, it is the same one we originally signed up with 3 years ago, it is 500 messages/month.  I recently went over on that total and saw that now the plans include unlimited messaging.  If I switch plans, will I have to pay any type of fee for changing it in the middle of my contract.  Also, is there anyway to backdate the plan to include the month I went over or am I just soaking up those fees?  I am also curious, if all the plans have moved to unlimited messages, why our plan has been stuck with 500/month even after we bought new phones and got a new contract?

• 1. Re: I want to change plans
          mdram4x4

OrionsFire wrote:

I have a Nationwide Family Plan plan right now that does NOT have unlimited messages, it is the same one we originally signed up with 3 years ago, it is 500 messages/month.  I recently went over on that total and saw that now the plans include unlimited messaging.  If I switch plans, will I have to pay any type of fee for changing it in the middle of my contract.  Also, is there anyway to backdate the plan to include the month I went over or am I just soaking up those fees?  I am also curious, if all the plans have moved to unlimited messages, why our plan has been stuck with 500/month even after we bought new phones and got a new contract?

you can change the plan at anytime and not change the contract.  ther eis no fee iirc

you can backdate it to the beginning of the billing cycle you are in, no further

verizon changes its plans occasionally but does not change what people are one.  some people are on 10+year old plans.

its up to the consumer to decide when they want to change

• 2. Re: I want to change plans
            SuzyQ

Just to confirm mdram4x4's correct answers, and add a bit:

OrionsFire wrote:

I have a Nationwide Family Plan plan right now that does NOT have unlimited messages, it is the same one we originally signed up with 3 years ago, it is 500 messages/month.  I recently went over on that total and saw that now the plans include unlimited messaging.  If I switch plans, will I have to pay any type of fee for changing it in the middle of my contract.  No, no fee for switching, but you may get pro-rating charges.  This can be avoided by backdating to cover the entire current billing cycle, and you can choose this option when changing your plan.   

Also, is there anyway to backdate the plan to include the month I went over or am I just soaking up those fees?See above - you will be given this option when you change plans, and if you are not, then call customer service to be sure it IS backdated to cover the current usage.  

I am also curious, if all the plans have moved to unlimited messages, why our plan has been stuck with 500/month even after we bought new phones and got a new contract? All plans have NOT moved to unlimited messaging.  The current plans are Talk, to which you can add bundles of texts, and Talk & Text, which DO include unlimited texting on all lines of a family plan.  As mdram4x4 said, your plan was updated to keep the same options, (Talk + a texting bundle) unless you specifically change it.