Verizon FIOS on demand
wk21030
Enthusiast - Level 3

Which phone would be best suited for it? When talking to the sales rep for Verizon bios she told me I'd have to contact VZW. So with that being said what do ya'll recommend? I've got a Droid Inc. Not sure if I saw anything in the app store for it or if it's something downloaded installed to the device from VZW. Any help would be appreciated

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon FIOS on demand
AZSALUKI
Legend

wk21030 wrote:

Which phone would be best suited for it? When talking to the sales rep for Verizon bios she told me I'd have to contact VZW. So with that being said what do ya'll recommend? I've got a Droid Inc. Not sure if I saw anything in the app store for it or if it's something downloaded installed to the device from VZW. Any help would be appreciated

https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/unprotected/AboutFlexView.aspx?CMP=DMC-CVZ_ZZ_ZZ_Z_ZZ_N_X219

the inc isn't listed as a supported device. however, neither is the EVO and i've seen reviews from EVO users so i'd say download it and try it on your inc. (if you already have fios). the app itself hasn't gotten great reviews as all you can do is pay for movies or shows on demand. the mobile app doesn't offer the free content that the full fios on your tv would offer. definitely do some research before spending any $ on it, if you don't already have fios. the app is called "fios on demand" and can be found in the market (not under verizon....but just in the general market, which is odd??). i am assuming that you want to actually view programming on fios on your phone. if you just want fios at home, then i believe most of the androids will support the other apps (there's a dvr app to control your home fios from your phone to record stuff, and a few other fios related apps). 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS on demand
AZSALUKI
Legend

wk21030 wrote:

https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/unprotected/AboutFlexView.aspx?CMP=DMC-CVZ_ZZ_ZZ_Z_ZZ_N_X219

the inc isn't listed as a supported device. however, neither is the EVO and i've seen reviews from EVO users so i'd say download it and try it on your inc. (if you already have fios). the app itself hasn't gotten great reviews as all you can do is pay for movies or shows on demand. the mobile app doesn't offer the free content that the full fios on your tv would offer. definitely do some research before spending any $ on it, if you don't already have fios. the app is called "fios on demand" and can be found in the market (not under verizon....but just in the general market, which is odd??). i am assuming that you want to actually view programming on fios on your phone. if you just want fios at home, then i believe most of the androids will support the other apps (there's a dvr app to control your home fios from your phone to record stuff, and a few other fios related apps). 

0 Likes