1 2 Previous Next 13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2011 5:13 PM by Ann154 RSS

Data Plan

Ajzalez

I have a Env Touch with the $10 dollar plan. I was wanting to use Droid Incredible my friend gave me. I know that the droid incredible needs unlimited interenet. If i were to activate the droid would it automatically put me on the unlimited plan or would i have to change it by myself?  Would i be able to use the $10 plan on it an upgrade later if i decide i need to?

• 1. Re: Data Plan
          TBhouston

for smartphones you need the 29.99 its not an option.

You can always go back to a 9.99 plan if you go back to that phone.. but when you switch esn's it will put the 29.99 package on because it is what is required to have that phone on the network.

• 2. Re: Data Plan
            NHLarry

I have a HTC Incredible phone and right now I am paying $15.00 per month for the basic data plan yet I never (ever) use my phone for internet connection except via wireless locations like McDonalds that offer free access.   Do I still need this $15.00 option if I never plan to use the phone for direct internet connection?   Thank you.

• 3. Re: Data Plan
              DbG2514

All smartphones require a data package. If you have the Incredible activated under your line, you will have to keep the $15 data package. Also, keep in mind that if you deactivate the Incredible and activate a feature phone, but decide you want to come back to a smartphone, you will lose the $15 data package and you will have to choose new tiered data plan pricing. The same goes for if you want to upgrade the Incredible to a new smartphone. You will lose the $15 data package and you will have to choose new tiered data packages.

• 4. Re: Data Plan
                rza49311

^^ THIS SUCKS.  I wasn't aware of this policy and my wife broke her Droid Pro screen. I activated her old w766 so she'd at least have a phone and now I can't go back to the $15 plan. Do supervisors have the authority to restore the plan? I'm about to call and raise H#$%.

• 5. Re: Data Plan
                  budone

A VZW employee posted something about being able to go back to a feature phone for a limit of 30 days and be able to go back to your SP plan.

You will have to search

• 6. Re: Data Plan
                    rza49311

Thanks, my wife called back after I did and was told a completely different story. She was told they WOULD honor her $15 plan if she gets a new Pro so "we'll see". New phone will be here tomorrow.

• 7. Re: Data Plan
                      Rikki18

You would think that with the economy like this, they would make it a little more easier on the rest of their customers by keeping the Unlimited Data package for $30. It might have even been OK to even raise the price to $40. It would still be better than what we have now. Just saying.

• 8. Re: Data Plan
                        rza49311

Well sure enough, they made good on their promise and put the 150MB plan back on my wife's Droid Pro after I had activated the w766 for a day while we waited for the replacement Droid Pro to arrive. :smileyhappy:

• 9. Re: Data Plan
                          SuzyQ

rza49311 wrote:

Well sure enough, they made good on their promise and put the 150MB plan back on my wife's Droid Pro after I had activated the w766 for a day while we waited for the replacement Droid Pro to arrive. :smileyhappy:

Wow--good to know that it DOES work that way!  The thing is, you had to have had it in place, and it only works to restore it under certain consitions.  You met those conditions and got your 150 MB plan back.  Nice.  :smileyhappy:

1 2 Previous Next