1 2 3 4 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2011 8:04 PM by spottedcatfish RSS

copies of text messages

itsgcj1971

can someone tell me what steps to take in order to request a hard copy of text messages for a line on my account?

• 1. Re: copies of text messages
          KellyW_VZW

Hello,

The actual content of text messages is not available without a court order.  If you need this information for litigation purposes, please have your attorney call us directly at 1-800-922-0204, option 0 and we will give them further instructions.

Thank you.

KellyW@VZWSupport

• 2. Re: copies of text messages
            adams00

Is it also possible to get a copy of BBM messages? And how far back in the message history can you go i.e. 1 year, 10 years?

• 3. Re: copies of text messages
              LLW12

If someone else is the account owner, can that person read my sent/received text messages or have them forwarded to their phone which is under the same plan? 

• 4. Re: copies of text messages
                vanessas_vzw

Good afternoon.

The only messages that can be read are messages that on the phone.  Messages cannot be read from My Verizon or any other source unless there is a court order/ subpoena to retrieve the content in the messages.  

Additionally, there is a setting in the BlackBerry Messenger application under [Options], which will allow you to [Save Chat History].  You can select [Never], save to [Device Memory], or save to [Media Card].  This will save and store all of your chat history if you choose to do so.

*Note: The option to save/ store messages is only available for the BlackBerry Messenger messages, not text messages.*

I hope this information is helpful.  

Thank you,

VanessaC_vzwsupport

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

• 5. Re: copies of text messages
                  Jeri1978

Is there a way to reject incoming video/picture messages to a phone without disabling the ability to send video/picture messages>?

• 6. Re: copies of text messages
                    CharmingPhlsphr

adams00 wrote:

Is it also possible to get a copy of BBM messages? And how far back in the message history can you go i.e. 1 year, 10 years?

Text messages are not saved beyond 10 days at the latest.

• 7. Re: copies of text messages
                      SuzyQ

Jeri1978 wrote:

Is there a way to reject incoming video/picture messages to a phone without disabling the ability to send video/picture messages>?

I'm sure you could simply delete them without opening them...you want to prevent them from being delivered at all?  I'm not sure you can do that without disabling picture messaging altogether. If there is one specific contact that is sending unwanted picture messages you can block that contact... what is the issue with incoming picture messages?  Perhaps we can come up with a solution if we have a little more insight into what you want to accomplish....

• 8. Re: copies of text messages
                        Pattyannc

Yes I wish there was a way to get copies of the text messages off your child's phone without a court order. I think this would help parents alot with staying on top of their teenagers behaviors.

• 9. Re: copies of text messages
                          spottedcatfish

Ask the child to let you see their phone, and use the list of messages sent/recieved available through MyVerizon to confirm that no messages have been deleted.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next