6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2011 10:28 PM by crimedoggies RSS

Tmobile ETF Buyout

XtoI

This may be a pipe dream but has anyone had any luck with Verizon buying out another carrier's Early termination Fee.   I have a verizon iphone from work but would like to move my family from Tmobile to Verizon,   But all of them are in contract and they want $200 per line to get out.   Any suggestions?  I would switch tomorrow but i can't afford a new phone and a $200 EFT

• 1. Re: Tmobile ETF Buyout
          nanna24

Yes, it sounds like a pipe dream. :smileyvery-happy:

• 2. Re: Tmobile ETF Buyout
            vereyezuhn

XtoI wrote:

This may be a pipe dream but has anyone had any luck with Verizon buying out another carrier's Early termination Fee.   I have a verizon iphone from work but would like to move my family from Tmobile to Verizon,   But all of them are in contract and they want $200 per line to get out.   Any suggestions?  I would switch tomorrow but i can't afford a new phone and a $200 EFT

i doubt they will do that. I switched from T-Mobile to Verizon with only 1 line and they wouldn't buy out the ETF.

• 3. Re: Tmobile ETF Buyout
              Abi

XtoI wrote:

No, I highly doubt it. this would not be beneficla for them business-wise.

• 4. Re: Tmobile ETF Buyout
                Squallfyr
                I have a friend who ETF got bought out but its when he switched from VZW to AT&T XD
                • 5. Re: Tmobile ETF Buyout
                  rolaur

At one time Verizon was offering returning customers a refund on their ETF that they paid Verizon when they left but that's the only deal I have heard of.

• 6. Re: Tmobile ETF Buyout
                    crimedoggies

Verizon has run programs in the past where they will give the customer a $100 switcher credit if they port a number from another carrier, but they will not participate in a specific ETF amount, because it is illegal.  The government considers paying other carriers ETF fees an anti-trust violation.