7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2011 11:46 PM by KinquanaH_VZW RSS

Did anyone purchase their iPhone at Best Buy?

vereyezuhn

Or does anyone know if Best Buy honors the NE2 credit? I'm reading conflicting stories online, some saying they do let you, and others saying they were denied.

• 1. Re: Did anyone purchase their iPhone at Best Buy?
          AZSALUKI
          I don't think you'll know for sure until you go in and ask them how much it will cost on your account. But just out of curiosity, why not just get it from vzn, where you know you'll get the ne2?
          • 2. Re: Did anyone purchase their iPhone at Best Buy?
            vereyezuhn

AZSALUKI wrote:
            I don't think you'll know for sure until you go in and ask them how much it will cost on your account. But just out of curiosity, why not just get it from vzn, where you know you'll get the ne2?

I have a bunch of saved up gift cards for best buy, so if they do honor the NE2 credit, it would be cheaper for me to get it through them than through Verizon, but I don't have enough in gift cards to equal the NE2 credit

• 3. Re: Did anyone purchase their iPhone at Best Buy?
              kaebfly

Why not call your local Best Buy and ask? They will give you the most accurate info.

• 4. Re: Did anyone purchase their iPhone at Best Buy?
                vereyezuhn

I most likely will tomorrow, they aren't open right now in my area. I was just wondering if anyone had actually done it on here.

• 5. Re: Did anyone purchase their iPhone at Best Buy?
                  kaebfly

I think a few people did but if I remember correctly they were paying full retail and weren't eligible  for NE2. I know with Apple you couldn't get the NE2 but some one posted that they contacted VZ and got them to credit their account with the NE2 amount. Not sure if this was true or if every rep will do it, but that may be an option also. If all else fails you can try selling your giftcards for face value so that you can get it at VZ...that is if you have anyone interested in them though.

• 6. Re: Did anyone purchase their iPhone at Best Buy?
                    Kasper56

Got My iphone this weekend and stopped by BestBuy to ask the same question in the original post about the NE2.  BestBuy doe in fact NOT honor the NE2, then they try and sell you on the new Buy Back program and so forth with a long winded sales pitch about trading in your iphone 4 when the iphone 5 comes out and how much BestBuy wil buy it back for and so forth.  And their $15 a month protection plan that covers anything and everything.  Still hard to find 16gigs in my area I went to the Verizon store and got the 32 gig because I'm impatient.

• 7. Re: Did anyone purchase their iPhone at Best Buy?
                      KinquanaH_VZW

Thank you everyone for your input and information. I am sorry but Best -Buy will not honor the New2 discount credit. If your eligible to upgrade, they will allow you to upgrade your device at their store with a contract extension. However; they have their own pricing, return policy, and warranty.

You have several options to process your annual upgrade with us:

•        Sign on to “My Verizon” using your Account Owner Number and password and click on the “Upgrade” icon located under “Device” in the “I Want To” section at the bottom of your home page.

•        You may also complete the upgrade process by visiting a local Verizon Wireless store. To obtain a list of stores in your area, please click on the following link, which will direct you to the "Store Locator" page of our website:

www.verizonwireless.com/storelocator 

•        We also offer the option of processing the upgrade for you. If you would like us to process your order, please call Customer Service at 800-922-0204 or airtime free by dialing *611 (Send). Regular delivery time is three to five days. 

KinquanaH_VZW