field test mode
butterpea

does anybody know if you can put your phone in field test mode to change the signal strenght bars to db numers, if so is it the same procedure as with an att iphone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: field test mode
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

I am sorry but, we do no have the steps to enable the Field Test Mode on your Iphone, which relates to the technical details and signal strength on the mobile phone and network. 

To ensure you have the best signal on your phone and in your area, you may benefit from a free update of your wireless phone's roaming software once a month. As Verizon Wireless continues to expand our network, it is important to update your software to receive optimal coverage when traveling.

To update your phone, please follow the simple instructions below while on the Verizon Wireless network and receiving a digital signal:

1. Power on your Verizon Wireless phone.

2. Dial *228 followed by the "Send" key.

3. When prompted, press option "2" to update your roaming capabilities.

Within two minutes, a voice recording will advise you that programming is complete. Remain on the line, as the call will disconnect automatically. I recommend you perform this update monthly or before leaving for a trip, as this will give you the ability to pick up newly acquired service areas while roaming.

If you experience any difficulty with the free software upgrade, please call us at 800-922-0204 from a landline phone, and have your wireless phone charged and available when calling. 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
miketech_79
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too would like this information. However in doing searches online it appears that the only way to do it is to go through a long lengthy process to get the phone to accept files from an AT&T phone and jailbreak it too.

It also appears the online information I have found also points out that the pre-release software had the field test mode enabled. But now it is disabled in the production release that we all have. This points out that the files are missing on the phone as to why the AT&T code doesn't do anything for the Verizon iPhone.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1701444-Field-Test-mode-DBM-signal-Strength-on-Verizon-iP...

So we wait (hopefully) for the files to get added back on the phone in future releases. When I had Sprint the only way I ever looked at signal strength levels was using the field test mode. Bars are usually meaningless on the phone, they only get you close to an idea of how good the signal is. To take this away on the Verizon iPhone 4 is just not good.

0 Likes
Matthew
On the 4S it is the same as the AT&T one. Worked for mine. I believe it's *3002#12345#*

Also a tip to keep the meter off bars there's a little trick... You enable It in field test mode, then you hold the power button, when the slide to turn off screen comes up, hold the home button until it exits field test mode.
0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

Matthew wrote:
On the 4S it is the same as the AT&T one. Worked for mine. I believe it's *3002#12345#*

Also a tip to keep the meter off bars there's a little trick... You enable It in field test mode, then you hold the power button, when the slide to turn off screen comes up, hold the home button until it exits field test mode.

That's pretty close

I have the iPhone 4 (not 4s) with iOS 5.0.1, and found the field test number on the howardsforums link the OP posted

The one in the thread in the OP's link says *3001#12345#*, it worked fine for me, and the trick to keep the db numbers (from the quoted message above) worked too

So for me, to get (and keep) the db numbers, I dial *3001#12345#*, hit send (this will open the field test menu), hold down the power button until the power off slider comes up, and hold down home until to goes back to the home/app screen

0 Likes