8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2011 4:04 AM by vereyezuhn RSS

Upgrade on upgrade date or before contract ends?

steven9d3

i am due for an upgrade in the end of April and so is the 3 other lines on my plan. My current contract also ends in late August.

1. Do i have to upgrade on the same day as my other lines?

2. Can i wait till September to upgrade or do i have to do it before my current contract is over

last time i had a upgrade i upgraded all 4 lines at once and they made me sign a new contract a couple of months early. my big question is if my other 3 lines upgrade in May can i wait to say the end of July or early August to upgrade because i wanna wait for new phones to come out

all you help will be greatly appericated  thanks

• 1. Re: Upgrade on upgrade date or before contract ends?
          vereyezuhn

steven9d3 wrote:

i am due for an upgrade in the end of April and so is the 3 other lines on my plan. My current contract also ends in late August.

1. Do i have to upgrade on the same day as my other lines?

2. Can i wait till September to upgrade or do i have to do it before my current contract is over

last time i had a upgrade i upgraded all 4 lines at once and they made me sign a new contract a couple of months early. my big question is if my other 3 lines upgrade in May can i wait to say the end of July or early August to upgrade because i wanna wait for new phones to come out

all you help will be greatly appericated  thanks

Each line is seperate when it comes to upgrading. They can each upgrade at different times depending on their own eligibility. So that is a No to your number 1. As for number 2, You have six months from your upgrade eligibility date to use your NE2 discount (assuming you are the primary number) the only thing you will lose after 6 months is your $30 or $50 discount towards a new phone, you will still be able to upgrade at the 2 year contract price at any point after that date.

So, once your upgrade date comes in April, you have six months to use the NE2 credit. But if you choose to wait until October or later, you lose that discount but can still upgrade anytime. I hope this helps!

• 2. Re: Upgrade on upgrade date or before contract ends?
            steven9d3

ok thanks but can i still use my upgrade after i sign a new contract?

thanks

• 3. Re: Upgrade on upgrade date or before contract ends?
              vereyezuhn

"Upgrading" and "signing a new contract" are essentially the same thing. You cannot do one without the other. When you upgrade a line, you have to sign a new 1 or 2 year contract for that line.

• 4. Re: Upgrade on upgrade date or before contract ends?
                steven9d3

so i am a little confused do i sign the new contract once the main line upgrades or once all 4 fones are upgraded?

• 5. Re: Upgrade on upgrade date or before contract ends?
                  vereyezuhn

steven9d3 wrote:

so i am a little confused do i sign the new contract once the main line upgrades or once all 4 fones are upgraded?

Think of each of the 4 lines as completely seperate ones, because they are. They each have their own contract that the account holder must sign whenever the line upgrades to a new phone. While they can all upgrade at different times depending on when you last signed the contract, you will have to sign a new contract on the line you want to upgrade when you go to upgrade. So if you were to upgrade your line before the others, you will sign a new contract when you go to upgrade that. When the other 3 lines want to upgrade their phones, you will sign another 3 contracts for them.

• 6. Re: Upgrade on upgrade date or before contract ends?
                    JohnB_VZW

You can upgrade your lines any time after they become eligible. You can upgrade them separately on different dates or wait and upgrade them all on the same date. Each line has their own contract so upgrading one will not affect another line on the account. So if you upgrade your three lines in April you can wait until the end of July or August to upgrade your fourth line. 

Hope this helps, please feel free to contact us back if you need more assistance.

John B

• 7. Re: Upgrade on upgrade date or before contract ends?
                      mackenzie

how do i find out when i am eligable for an upgrade?

• 8. Re: Upgrade on upgrade date or before contract ends?
                        vereyezuhn

mackenzie wrote:

how do i find out when i am eligable for an upgrade?

Log on to My Verizon and it will be on the home page.