4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2011 11:56 PM by Ann154 RSS

Blocked Calls

nconway1313

I occasionally receive a "Blocked Caller" message on my iphone.  No idea how verizon knows this is a blocked call.  The main problem is that it shows no phone number and IT STILL RINGS the phone.  So, I would like to cancel any and every "blocked" call feature that verizon has for my number.  However, I cannot seem to find any black listed numbers under my account on any part of the verizonwireless website under my account.

Is anyone having a similar problem?

• 1. Re: Blocked Calls
          vereyezuhn

nconway1313 wrote:

I occasionally receive a "Blocked Caller" message on my iphone.  No idea how verizon knows this is a blocked call.  The main problem is that it shows no phone number and IT STILL RINGS the phone.  So, I would like to cancel any and every "blocked" call feature that verizon has for my number.  However, I cannot seem to find any black listed numbers under my account on any part of the verizonwireless website under my account.

Is anyone having a similar problem?

Usually this means that the caller has it so their number is blocked when they call someone. Like a Restricted number. What happens when you answer it?

• 2. Re: Blocked Calls
            nconway1313

When they call, I can't answer it.  It doesn't let me. 

Thanks for your reply.

I just talked with customer support and they mentioned the same thing.  Someone is calling using a restricted number and verizon is designating that as a "Blocked Caller".  They mentioned that I could download an app from the app store to block these unlisted numbers.  They didn't mention a specific app but I've read on posts that you can use iblacklist and (believe it or not) garage band.

• 3. Re: Blocked Calls
              vereyezuhn

nconway1313 wrote:

When they call, I can't answer it.  It doesn't let me. 

Thanks for your reply.

I just talked with customer support and they mentioned the same thing.  Someone is calling using a restricted number and verizon is designating that as a "Blocked Caller".  They mentioned that I could download an app from the app store to block these unlisted numbers.  They didn't mention a specific app but I've read on posts that you can use iblacklist and (believe it or not) garage band.

That's odd that it doesn't let you answer it. I usually just don't answer the restricted numbers, but one of my friends just recently got their number blocked so now I have to in case it's them, so annoying!

• 4. Re: Blocked Calls
                Ann154
                If I don't know the number or the number is unavailable, I just let it go to voicemail. Should it be someone who actually wants to get a hold of me, they can leave a message.