3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2011 6:49 PM by SoccerRef RSS

blocking numbers

erins

I want to know if there is a way, and if so how to do it, to block a certain number from my phone.  I want to block all calls, txts, picture messages, absolutely everything! But I don't want to block any other numbers or messages from coming in.  I saw how to block messages, but I think that blocks any messages from everyone whose number I don't have stored. I just have this one number that needs to be blocked, I refuse to change my number just because of one person. Please help! Thanks!

• 1. Re: blocking numbers
          SuzyQ
          Log in to your My Verizon account - on the homepage, under Plan, choose Block Calls & Messages; then enter that phone number in the call/message blocking area. It will block for 90 days, and then you can add it again. Hopefully by that time your blocked caller will have gotten the message.
          • 2. Re: blocking numbers
            krishnaacharya

I could not find the option you mentioned above.  However, I did find an option called "Usage Controls" that controls your incoming/outgoing calls/texts and this service comes with a cost of $4.99 per month (research based on verizon web site as of 06/01/11)

• 3. Re: blocking numbers
              SoccerRef

There are several free apps you can download to block phone calls on your BB. Just search BB AppWorld.