2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2011 12:49 AM by Jax_Omen RSS

month-to-month data plans?

tnvolz20

I am going to get the Xoom when it is released and I heard it was going to be on the month-to-month data plan like the ipad was on at&t. How does a month-to-month data plan work? Like is it a contract? Is there a credit check involved?

• 1. Re: month-to-month data plans?
          StreetDocRN

tnvolz20 wrote:

I am going to get the Xoom when it is released and I heard it was going to be on the month-to-month data plan like the ipad was on at&t. How does a month-to-month data plan work? Like is it a contract? Is there a credit check involved?

Hi,

First, the month to month plan is not really a plan, per se'.  You just pay your bill each month.  One drawback is you have to pay full retail price for your device.  To take advantage of discounts and such on a device, you will have to take a 1 or 2 year contract.  Those 1 or 2 year contracts do require a credit check.  The month to month does not.  Good luck.

Doc

• 2. Re: month-to-month data plans?
            Jax_Omen
            I assume the Xoom will work the same as the Galaxy Tab: you pay full retail for the device, signing up for service at that time (I assume it involves a credit check but do not know for sure), you're activated with no Early Termination Fee on the plan of your choice, you pay a monthly bill until you opt to disconnect. If you want to reconnect again later you'll be paying another activation fee, so keep that in mind too. Oh, and if it's like the GalTab, they WILL NOT sell one without the attached service, so you're stuck paying for activation and 1 month's service even if you want a wifi-only tablet.