1 2 3 4 Previous Next 31 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2011 8:50 PM by soxfan143 RSS

IPhone 4 and Emoji

Mater

I downloaded the Emoji app and it will not work with my iphone 4, I did try two other ones and still it would not work.

• 1. Re: IPhone 4 and Emoji
          AZSALUKI

there is a thread on this matter....from earlier today. 

• 2. Re: IPhone 4 and Emoji
            iphonenut

What do you mean it wont work on your phone?? you have to avctivate the keyboard.  Settings>General>Keyboard>international keyboards> activate emoji

• 3. Re: IPhone 4 and Emoji
              Jodi99

Does anyone know of an app for emoticons for iPhone that allows people with other kinds of phones to see them?

• 4. Re: IPhone 4 and Emoji
                maryeb33

AZSALUKI wrote:

there is a thread on this matter....from earlier today. 

i posted the question yesterday..it is still unasnwered..i think this person may have a problem with actually getting it on his phone...i have a problem with my boyfriend who has iphone with at&t..i can receive his emojicons but when he receives mine..it looks like this (Ýæü£ñ)..but other people have said it works within verizon iphone to iphone..

• 5. Re: IPhone 4 and Emoji
                  Jodi99

As for getting the app to work, after downloading, turn the phone off and restart.  Then, under keyboards, if you click "International" you will see a new one in the list called "Emoji."  Choose that one.  When you write an SMS text, there will be an icon on the keyboard that looks a little like a little globe.  That will pop open some smileys and other emoticons.  Just choose the one you want. 

That being said, my husband has a Blackberry.  The emoticons appear as symbols and stuff  Anyone  know of an emoticon app that is universal?

• 6. Re: IPhone 4 and Emoji
                    maryeb33

I don't believe there's any app out there with icons like emoji that can be sent to other phones..it has something to do with apples software..i used to have green lil guys that had smileys/winks/kisses on my droid original a855..but my sister that had a BB couldn't see them..and my bf had an iphone and he didn't see them..all they saw was or or :-*

• 7. Re: IPhone 4 and Emoji
                      iphonenut
                      I'm hoping the developer will install a fix.
                      • 8. Re: IPhone 4 and Emoji
                        Redwood_Empire

I don't know I can send them to My wifes droid x and I also sent them to my moms and dads iphones. I have not had a problem with Emoji.

• 9. Re: IPhone 4 and Emoji
                          maryeb33

yeah i can send them too..and i see them fine on my phone..but what does she see? anything?

1 2 3 4 Previous Next