4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2011 12:33 PM by laurasaur25 RSS

iPhone on family plan

laurasaur25

I want to order the iPhone tomorrow. I could have ordered it last week but I didn't think I was ready for an upgrade so I was dumb and didn't check only to find out that I can upgrade. So now I have to do it tomorrow at 3 am. 

But is there going to be an option to where I it will recognize that I'm on a family plan? My line is only $9.99 so I don't want to mess up my mom's bill. 

Also, am I reading the site right where I'm supposed to go through Apple to order? I signed up for e-mail updates and got the initial one saying they'd send me me info and haven't heard anything since. 

• 1. Re: iPhone on family plan
          nanna24

Are you currently using a smartphone with a data plan?  The data plan for the iPhone costs $30 a month, in addition to just having the line.

• 2. Re: iPhone on family plan
            laurasaur25

Yeah I have everything already that's required. I pay the $30 a month and I called Verizon yesterday just be positive there wouldn't be any surprises there. But I know that a regular plan starts at like $40 to talk but mine is just $9.99 since I'm on an additional line on a family plan. I just don't know what the system will look like when I order and I don't want to choose some option that increases the bill 

• 3. Re: iPhone on family plan
              mdram4x4

you have to be logged in as the account owner, or account manager.

if you dont have account manager rights, then you will have to use a line that does.

dont forget any texting plan you may want

• 4. Re: iPhone on family plan
                laurasaur25

Yeah I have all of the manager rights and the passwords and social security number so that won't be a problem I just wanted to make sure it was going to recognize my current plan. I planned on just choosing the 250 text option plus the family because I mainly text the people on my friends and family. So I think choosing that will decrease the bill.