Transferring contacts from Moto Droid to iPhone
Ck_iPhone
Enthusiast - Level 3
Can someone please tell me a quick & easy way to transfer my contacts from my Droid to my iPhone? I think I read that it can be done either with MS Outlook or Google. I made a mistake and let my Droid add all of my FB contacts to my Droid and now my phone contacts has a lot more people than I'd ever call, so I do need to do some clean up when I export. I'm thinking google would be better, because I don't want to sort through my work contacts.

My iPhone is at my local fedex station and should be loaded on the truck shortly... I'm getting excited here!

Any help/advice would be most appreciated.
Thanks!
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Transferring contacts from Moto Droid to iPhone
TheIllusiveMan
Your MOTO Droid should auto back up. I have the incredible and it took me forever to figure out. To make sure go to contacts press menu or settings and you'll see the back up option. To transfer to the iPhone there is something called Verizon transfer in the app store. Good luck and enjoy your phone!!
0 Likes
Ck_iPhone
Enthusiast - Level 3
I found that synch on my phone and it is auto-synching, but now I can't find the contacts list in Google. Feeling a lil dumb today... Maybe need to look from my PC rather than trying to do everything from my phone.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if it autosync'd from your contacts then if you go to your my verizon account on a pc, they should all be there. you are actually doing this through verizons backup method. when it auto syncs byt the method mentioned above, i believe it is backing up the contacts to your my verizon account. go there and make sure they are there. if they are then you're ready to download them to your iphone.

0 Likes
nismos14
Contributor - Level 1

You guys are talking about backup assistant right? Is there an app for BA on the iPhone?

0 Likes
Ck_iPhone
Enthusiast - Level 3

The original Moto Droid isn't compatible with backup assistant.  It's supposedly auto synching with Google contacts, but I checked two recently added phone numbers and they weren't included in my Google contacts.  I just downloaded Companion Link to synch with Outlook/Google.  It's the only way I could figure out how to do this.  It's a 14 day free trial.  Since my iPhone is out for Delivery and my Droid has been sold on eBay, I don't see myself needing this app again after today.  Perfect.

0 Likes
TheIllusiveMan

nismos14 wrote:

You guys are talking about backup assistant right? Is there an app for BA on the iPhone?

There is something similar (from what i've heard) known as verizon contact transfer on the iPhone. On other smart phones I think it is built in or something. Making a universal app however would have probably fixed all the confusion :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

backup assistant is eaither built in or available as an app on everything except motorola droid. the iphone has an app that i believe will sync with your my verizon account. i don't think it is actually backup assistan, but it does the job. 

0 Likes
nismos14
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks everyone for your responses.

0 Likes
Ck_iPhone
Enthusiast - Level 3

AZSALUKI wrote:

backup assistant is eaither built in or available as an app on everything except motorola droid. the iphone has an app that i believe will sync with your my verizon account. i don't think it is actually backup assistan, but it does the job. 

Any other device and transferring contacts would've been simple.  I will not be missing my Droid one bit!  That was a total pain trying to make sure I had all my contact data...  not to mention the TERRIBLE battery life.  Adios Droid!  

0 Likes