1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2011 8:49 PM by mpf189 RSS

Talk To Text App??

blinzeln182tom

What is the talk to text app called? i can't find one :smileysad: I want one so i don't have text and drive. There is a similar app on the droid X that it comes with.

• 1. Re: Talk To Text App??
          21stNow

Vlingo.  It is different (has less features) on the iPhone than it is on Android, but you can speak your text messages to it.

• 2. Re: Talk To Text App??
            AZSALUKI
            There isn't anything like the Google voice commands that you had with the X
            • 3. Re: Talk To Text App??
              blinzeln182tom

do you know of any others?

• 4. Re: Talk To Text App??
                blinzeln182tom

AZSALUKI wrote:
                There isn't anything like the Google voice commands that you had with the X

i never had the droid x. i currently have the storm 2 and didn't really like vlingo that much.  the salesman in the store showed me this feature that comes with the droid x. He said "I would like to buy a car" and the phone type the text in. It was freakin awesome.

• 5. Re: Talk To Text App??
                  21stNow

blinzeln182tom wrote:

What do you want the app to do, specifically?  Vlingo may be better on the iPhone than it was on the other phone that you mentioned.  It's a free app. You can try the iPhone version to see if you like it and delete it if you don't.

Vlingo also does voice internet searches, voice to email, and Facebook and Twitter updates.

I think that what you saw on the Droid X was called Google Voice Commands.  I think that Vlingo can do those same things.  If you post some examples of what you want to do, I will try it and tell you what happens. :smileyhappy:

• 6. Re: Talk To Text App??
                    sahizzle

I downloaded dragon dictation. Its free and works well on my friends iphone

• 7. Re: Talk To Text App??
                      blinzeln182tom

21stNow wrote:

blinzeln182tom wrote:

What do you want the app to do, specifically?  Vlingo may be better on the iPhone than it was on the other phone that you mentioned.  It's a free app. You can try the iPhone version to see if you like it and delete it if you don't.

Vlingo also does voice internet searches, voice to email, and Facebook and Twitter updates.

I think that what you saw on the Droid X was called Google Voice Commands.  I think that Vlingo can do those same things.  If you post some examples of what you want to do, I will try it and tell you what happens. :smileyhappy:

i will use bing to do the internet seaches since it has a voice command function. but i really just want to be able to speak what i want it to say then have it send out the text and preferably speak incoming texts to me. i might just get a blueant for it to speak them to me. but otherwise it did suck on the blackberry i did download it for iphone. we will see if it is better.  i hope so.

• 8. Re: Talk To Text App??
                        blinzeln182tom

sahizzle wrote:

I downloaded dragon dictation. Its free and works well on my friends iphone

oooooooo!!! that one looks really cool. and i've heard of that dragon naturally speaking thing before. ill try this out too. thanks!

• 9. Re: Talk To Text App??
                          walterkarroll
                          I used dragon diction on my iodine. Worked great, good for emails too.
                          1 2 Previous Next